Home

First Glimpse of NBA Live 15

This is a discussion on First Glimpse of NBA Live 15 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2014, 01:43 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
I find it HIGHLY implausible Live 15's gameplay can make THE jump it needs. It would literally have to do a 180. Not just be able to function, but add depth into multiple aspects. If they can get visuals near what 2k did, that would be great but the "good" folks at 2k ran a con on folks last year. Blew us away with graphics but delivered a game that was mediocre and restricted you WAY to much. So even if they (Live 15) come strong visually, you'll have 2k fans backlash because they already fell for that con.
Old 04-12-2014, 01:47 AM   #10
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13
Screenshots has nothing to do with Gameplay lol
Old 04-12-2014, 01:55 AM   #11
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13
its about gameplay.....though this would be a nice addition to the game...but if the controls and game mechanics is not at par with the basketball gamers...it still be a trash. I like the NBA 2k NG....but because there are glaring issues in MC and the GM mode PLUS that dreaded VC...this game iwas sent back to Gamestop 2 weeks ago and they gave me a credit of $35... so I can use it with my next purchase....probably I'll get the Show.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2014, 02:09 AM   #12
Pro

spidertour02's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp111
all nextgen games are trash, especially everyone EA released at the moment
I would argue that Need for Speed: Rivals is the best multiplatform game on PS4/X1 right now. It looks and runs great, it's a lot of fun, and it uses online connectivity in a way that's interesting and fresh.
Old 04-12-2014, 02:17 AM   #13
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: First Glimpse of NBA Live 15

Screens look great! Nice to see EA will compete with 2K on a STILL likeness basis. Now if they can catch up with 2K in motion...
Old 04-12-2014, 03:00 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 7

I like the direction this game is going in. It looks like they might be borrowing something from the UFC game, in terms of facial scanning and I like that.

YES, great player models don't equal great gameplay, but like I said I like where this is going.

The two irrational , emotional responses to this I've read here are "NBA 2K is trash now " and "I can't trust EA therefore the game will be bad"

If you are worth anything as a sports gamer, then you shouldn't want either franchise to fail. The best era of our sports gaming lives was when we had choices.

So, in essence, one sharpens the other. Live having some success next year means 2K has no choice but to continue to step its game up, and that is what you should all want as consumers.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:05 AM   #15
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Graphics are great an all, but if the gameplay is bad then it dont matter how good it looks. So far EA has yet to get either right, so I wouldnt get my hopes up. Considering how bad there games are on top of how they have treated customers with all there lies, and the fact that they did customers dirty with NCAA football, and when they made NCAA basketball, makes believing anything they do or say very hard. I would love to have 2 great choices for basketball when I do end up buying a PS4, but as of now Im definitely not buying what EA says, and 2k isnt much better when it comes to honesty anymore either. Seems only the makers of MLBTS are the only one who can be trusted now days when it comes to sports games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2014, 04:29 AM   #16
Pro

AirJordanFan93's Arena

OVR: 3

Screens like good. Hope EA can put it together gameplay wise to compete with 2K this year. Im right on the verge of heading over to Live because all the 2K nonsense with VC constant server crap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »