Home

2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Available Now, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Available Now, Post Your Impressions within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2014, 03:17 PM   #9
Rookie

Rhouston's Arena

OVR: 3
Plays really well -- I actually feel players' momentum (which is something I haven't typically seen from EA Sports games), and you do have to actually strategize in order to score goals. This actually plays pretty close to real soccer!

Plus, there are a bunch of modes to keep me entertained, so there's definitely replay value with this bad boy. It still might be a little high at $60 (I think $45-$50 would be fair), but I am not upset at all that I purchased this game.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:30 PM   #10
Rookie

DOAsaturn's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Available Now, Post Your Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjarz02
I've always enjoyed the international brand of soccer vs club. Euro 2012 was a disaster so I'm looking forward to this one. Anyone know if all rosters are authentic? Julian green available for us squad?
I read on the Gamespot review that all 203 teams are fully licensed. I find that almost impossible to believe but would be thoroughly impressed if so. I'm downloading the game while at work, so I'm anxious to do a little fact checking myself. A few things I want to find out are...

How many teams have real players
How many teams have real kits/crests
How many teams have real anthems

If they managed to get everything from Spain to Suriname right, then they really went all out with the license (which would be a first!). I always wonder why they don't include the few national teams that didn't participate in qualifying (namely U.S. territory Guam among five others). There must be some national team license agreement that all teams that participate are involved in or something...That also must be one reason you don't see every national team in every FIFA game (which would call for a bunch of separate licenses)...
Weekend Roady - http://www.weekendroady.com Sports and Travel. I'm a fan of the Nationals (MLB), Capitals (NHL), Wizards (NBA), Redskins (NFL), DC United/Montreal Impact (MLS), Crystal Palace (EPL) and too many college teams to count...

Last edited by DOAsaturn; 04-15-2014 at 04:04 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 04:14 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0
Anyone have some good sliders for this game yet?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2014, 04:44 PM   #12
Rookie

DOAsaturn's Arena

OVR: 10

Just to add - all 203 teams are definitely not fully licensed. Someone posted videos of all the squads on the selection screen and there are many generic kits/crests (although my little Montserrat was almost spot on - go figure). I've heard that, despite this, the players on every squad are correct (or at least real).
Weekend Roady - http://www.weekendroady.com Sports and Travel. I'm a fan of the Nationals (MLB), Capitals (NHL), Wizards (NBA), Redskins (NFL), DC United/Montreal Impact (MLS), Crystal Palace (EPL) and too many college teams to count...
Old 04-15-2014, 05:07 PM   #13
BOOM!

gerg1234's Arena

OVR: 15

I love that you can start from the 1st round. But I'm a little annoyed that if you do a custom draw it's completely random. You can't have a seeded draw for the next rounds. You customize the first draw and that's it.
San Francisco Giants
Chicago Blackhawks
MLS: Portland Timbers
EPL: Liverpool FC
Old 04-15-2014, 06:18 PM   #14

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

You know, I was one of those people who was worried that this would be too arcadey and sped up, but I am pleasantly surprised.

Yes, the speed has been upped - mostly it is noticeable by how quickly passes move along the ground - but it really isn't that bad. If you use manual or semi-assisted passing (with power assistance off), and if you defend the CPU by containing them, you won't see much more end-to-end play than FIFA 14.

Sent from my SCH-I930 using Tapatalk
Old 04-15-2014, 06:24 PM   #15

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOAsaturn
Odd request but I just visited the island of Montserrat (inspired by the 2002 film, "The Other Final", and got to visit their nice new national stadium and met some of the players). They are an ultra "minnow" if there ever was one. I'd appreciate anyone posting some of the players on the squad so I can verify if they are the real ones (They are a CONCACAF team). I don't need all of them, namely a handful of the starting 11.

GK: J Sweeney

RCB: C. Petrie

CB: K Allen

LCB: A Brabmble

RDM: A Griffith

LDM: A Dyer

RM: C Joseph

CM: D Roach

LM: N Dyer

CF: L O'Garro

ST: J Hodgson

Sent from my SCH-I930 using Tapatalk

Last edited by dubcity; 04-15-2014 at 06:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2014, 07:37 PM   #16
Rookie

eagletal88's Arena

OVR: 1

Captain your country mode is a little messed up. Depending on your ranking and who your "rivals" are, they will take up 3 spots on the team potentially replacing your star players. Because one of my rivals was a RW, Messi never played, even when we made the World Cup...

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »