Home

2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Available Now, Post Your Impressions

This is a discussion on 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Available Now, Post Your Impressions within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2014, 07:42 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Fortunately it is NOTHING like the over-the-top arcadey demo. Something still feels off, maybe a bit too floaty, but probably can be fixed with slider tweaks. Miles better than current-gen FIFA 14 but still a long way short of next-gen FIFA 14. It is really, really hard to go back to the old graphics and frame rates once you're used to next gen...

Started World Cup Qualifiers with Poland - interesting to play at Montenegro in "Pampas Stadium" (or something like that) as my first match and to have scores coming in from a New Zealand qualifier in real time (that would be a neat little time zone trick IRL).
Old 04-15-2014, 07:56 PM   #18
Rookie

DOAsaturn's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Available Now, Post Your Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
GK: J Sweeney

RCB: C. Petrie

CB: K Allen

LCB: A Brabmble

RDM: A Griffith

LDM: A Dyer

RM: C Joseph

CM: D Roach

LM: N Dyer

CF: L O'Garro

ST: J Hodgson

Sent from my SCH-I930 using Tapatalk
Wow, thanks dude. Amazingly that's pretty much accurate too. Good sign for the rest of the lower end squads in the game.
Weekend Roady - http://www.weekendroady.com Sports and Travel. I'm a fan of the Nationals (MLB), Capitals (NHL), Wizards (NBA), Redskins (NFL), DC United/Montreal Impact (MLS), Crystal Palace (EPL) and too many college teams to count...
Old 04-15-2014, 08:24 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 0

I like they do have the full qualification. They missed that in 2010 where they dropped you in various spots depending on the region. In CONCACAF, CAF, AFC all have the 2 leg matches with the smaller teams first that they didn't have in 2010. And OFC has the bottom 4 play in round round robin too.

I haven't play much Fifa since the 2010 World Cup game so I can't really comment on it vs FIFA 13 or 14.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:35 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 5

Really have enjoyed the game so far, much more so than FIFA '14. AI teammates have performed pretty well so far in CYC. And absolutely loving the radio feature.

However, I have had the game freeze three times within the Captain Your Country mode. Two while in the menus, once while a training session was loading. Downloaded it through the Xbox Marketplace, not sure if it's an issue with the digital version.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:53 AM   #21
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Really enjoying this game so far.

I am a sucker for presentation/atmosphere, so this game is right up my alley. The shots of the crowd are cool. I love the post-goal stuff (shot of the manager, and then sometimes going back to "live shots" of fans watching back in the home nation). The atmosphere in the stadiums is great so far, from what I've seen.

And of course, as a GFOP, I almost had to get the game because Men in Blazers was in it. Kind of fun hearing Rog and Davo talking as you're setting the lineups before a game.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2014, 02:18 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

A bit disappointing, Online Friendlies carry over the five game season aspect from FIFA so there's no option to select Extra Time/PKs. Me and a buddy were looking to play out the whole tournament over time and realized those weren't options.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:39 AM   #23
Rookie

I noticed a couple of problems:

1. Cannot change kit numbers. It really bothers me to see a number 53 playing in the World Cup.

2. It asks you to choose a World Cup Roster, but when the tourney begins, it's a random roster.

3. It does not allow me to create a goalie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-2014, 02:43 AM   #24
Rookie

tom180's Arena

Personally I prefer FIFA World Cup 2010. Much better in my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »