Home

Trials Fusion Trailer - Competition Gameplay, Trials Frontier Available Now

This is a discussion on Trials Fusion Trailer - Competition Gameplay, Trials Frontier Available Now within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2014, 05:41 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: Trials Fusion Trailer - Competition Gameplay, Trials Frontier Available Now

The Ubisoft servers are back online, but I've still had no luck logging into UPlay. At least I can access the leaderboards now.

The interface is super slow at the moment. It takes 30 seconds for the game to save after finishing each race. Then the leaderboards don't pop up on screen until 10 more seconds of waiting.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:32 PM   #10
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Kind of weak that I don't see any online multiplayer included in this. Me and my friends used to have a good time in those 4 player races.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:35 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

4-player supercross should be in the game for sure. It was shown in a bunch of preview videos.

I don't know if you can access it without logging into UPlay, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2014, 06:42 PM   #12
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
4-player supercross should be in the game for sure. It was shown in a bunch of preview videos.

I don't know if you can access it without logging into UPlay, though.
I see the option to play locally, but that does me no good. Hopefully you are right.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:26 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

It looks like the save speeds and leaderboard refresh speeds are now fixed.

The Ubisoft servers are also up for now.

Still no luck with Uplay.

Quote:
I see the option to play locally, but that does me no good. Hopefully you are right.
The back of the PS4 box says "2-4 network players" and "online play (optional)."

So my guess is that the online play menu must lie in the "uplay" section that's currently inaccessible. Otherwise, they just straight up lied on the box.

Last edited by jyoung; 04-15-2014 at 11:29 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:46 PM   #14
MVP

Garrett67's Arena

OVR: 20

I found this out right after I downloaded the game ($40 Version).

I'm not exactly happy about this. The entire reason I got the game was to play with people. And I'm not talking the 4 player races, I'm referring to the trials races you could do with someone, they would basically be a ghost but on the same track. I don't see a way to do that.

http://venturebeat.com/2014/04/15/tr...-after-launch/

Trials Fusion won’t get online multiplayer until ‘months after launch’

Quote:
ou can buy Ubisoft’s latest Trials game right now. A physical version is in stores for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 today, but you can’t play its online multiplayer mode. Not because of any server issues, but because it isn’t available yet.

Trials Fusion includes a ton of content and online functionality. The $40 disc (and $20 digital download that comes out tomorrow) has dozens of stages with leaderboards that enable you to compete against your friends, but it is missing the head-to-head online four-player mode from Trials Evolution. Developer RedLynx found that fans didn’t really dig that, so it took it out … but it hasn’t finished the new mode that it came up with to replace it.

“Trials Fusion will support a type of online multiplayer experience as, based on the metrics from Trials Evolution, RedLynx saw that online multiplayer wasn’t [a popular] feature among players,” an Ubisoft spokesperson told GamesBeat. “So instead of bringing back the same feature, the team decided to take the time to create a new, more robust online multiplayer experience that will be released as a free game update in the months after launch.”

When you start Trials Fusion, you’ll have the option to select a bunch of single player levels as well as local multiplayer. The game also has a “Tournaments” mode that is currently unavailable, which is the online mode that is still in production.

We asked for details about this feature — including how it will work and when players can expect it — but Ubisoft isn’t talking.

“We don’t have any additional information to share about online multiplayer at this time.”

Earlier this month, Ubisoft released a trailer showing off the “competition” aspect of Trials. It showed off the local multiplayer and leaderboard chasing, but it failed to mention the tournaments or online head-to-head play.

Xbox 360: Garrett67
Playstation: Bean1967
Steam: Axemaster5150

Last edited by Garrett67; 04-15-2014 at 11:49 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:09 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Well, at least the Xbox 360 version isn't guilty of false advertising.

The back of the PS4 Trials box clearly promises online play, though.

Also, from the Ubisoft website, "Trials Fusion retains and enhances the vital features from the best-selling and critically acclaimed games Trials Evolution and Trials HD." I guess online multiplayer isn't considered a "vital feature"?
Attached Images
File Type: png 360.png (363.7 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg trialsps4.jpg (23.0 KB, 54 views)

Last edited by jyoung; 04-16-2014 at 12:20 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2014, 12:33 AM   #16
MVP

Garrett67's Arena

OVR: 20

Agreed. Like I said, its the only reason I bought it. Sure, I can wait until they get the multiplayer going, and I most likely will (since I can't return a downloaded game) but I paid $40 and the game will probably be cheaper by then.

I suppose I just play single player until then. The game is still fun but is much better with someone to play with and talk to, laugh with.

Xbox 360: Garrett67
Playstation: Bean1967
Steam: Axemaster5150

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »