Home

Trials Fusion Review (PS4/Xbox One)

This is a discussion on Trials Fusion Review (PS4/Xbox One) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2014, 10:39 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Trials Fusion Review (PS4/Xbox One)

“Welcome to the future!” sings Trials Fusion's soundtrack. That chorus, which cycles maddeningly throughout Fusion's menus, means to reference the game's 20XX sci-fi setting.

It could just as easily allude to the rising conflict between giant game publishers like Ubisoft and subsidiary studios like RedLynx -- a tug-of-war that the RedLynxes of this industry are presently losing.

The Finnish developer's fun, creative level designs and captivating, “one-more race” gameplay have been sabotaged by frustrating bugs, missing features, unnecessary DRM systems, online server issues and another release-day “Season Pass” that costs just as much as the new, incomplete game you've just purchased.

Read More - Trials Fusion Review (PS4/Xbox One)
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2014, 12:56 PM   #2
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Trials Fusion Review (PS4/Xbox One)

That was a fair review. The fun factor makes me forgive some of Trials' missteps though. My most disliked aspect of this game by far is having to perform the clunky tricks. Other than that though, I'm having a blast with this game. The DLC should fill out the content a bit, although it's a shame that we we've been shortchanged on the core game and are being fed in installments.
Old 04-19-2014, 02:09 PM   #3
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
"The Finnish developer's fun, creative level designs and captivating, “one-more race” gameplay have been sabotaged by frustrating bugs, missing features, unnecessary DRM systems, online server issues and another release-day “Season Pass” that costs just as much as the new, incomplete game you've just purchased."

Couldn't agree more with your point that businessmen in suits, who know absolutely nothing about gaming, are sabotaging. As such, I for one am a proponent of Kickstarter and, even more so, Steam Early Access. Any sort of program that eliminates the middleman publishers/suits out of games is a huge plus imo.

Excellent review.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:24 PM   #4
MVP

Shaffer26's Arena

OVR: 14
I've been having a blast with it so far. The base tracks seem to be built better and are more creative than the previous version.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:33 PM   #5
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaffer26
I've been having a blast with it so far. The base tracks seem to be built better and are more creative than the previous version.
The courses are interesting and I think the futuristic backdrop is very cool. I didn't get into Evolution a whole lot, but the levels here have a lot more pop to them than Trials HD.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2014, 09:01 PM   #6
Rookie

Bp2 Triz's Arena

OVR: 5
My only complaint so far is the super long load times
Old 04-20-2014, 06:00 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 9
Trials HD still reigns supreme. I really can't stand the blinged out futuristic megaboostlaserspeedupramps, fortunately the tracks become better once you hit 'hard'.

Differences between bikes are hardly noticeable now, in prior titles you knew instantly which bike would suit a new track the best. Tire physics seem more random now as well, used to be easy to prevent a crash using brake and gas, now you can't even balance the bike properly. There's grip when you don't think there should be, and in a basic "let's brake so I don't flip the bike"-situation nothing happens. Inconsistent.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:44 PM   #8
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

I am enjoying this game. I can't wait for multi player to come around.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

WOO PIG SOOIEE!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »