Home

EA Sports UFC Interview with Director Brian Hayes

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC Interview with Director Brian Hayes within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2014, 01:48 AM   #9
Rookie

Coolade's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
There have been 3 trailers. The Show Ps4 is coming out in a little over two weeks and there have been 2 trailers and only about 2 minutes of actual gameplay shown.

EA UFC is 2 months away. Thats not hiding the game. Its called a marketing plan/rollout.
There was also a 60 minute stream of the game on IGN though. But yeah the marketing plan is just being extremely slow. They seem to be releasing a developer diary every 3 weeks. There should be about two of them left, plus maybe it will be on the show floor at E3 a week before its release. It's just hard to be patient is all aha. Need MLB the show to pass the time.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:39 AM   #10
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: EA Sports UFC Interview with Director Brian Hayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolade
There was also a 60 minute stream of the game on IGN though. But yeah the marketing plan is just being extremely slow. They seem to be releasing a developer diary every 3 weeks. There should be about two of them left, plus maybe it will be on the show floor at E3 a week before its release. It's just hard to be patient is all aha. Need MLB the show to pass the time.
When was that stream? It had to be in the last two weeks because I remember nothing from Sony at the two month mark.

E3 wont really matter because there is a decent chance the demo will be out by then.

I just dont get the impatience. The game comes out June 17 no matter what. If EA is hiding the game like Bad Intentions said....dont buy the game. If all they show is hype trailers and screenshots by release...dont buy the game. Thats what people did with Live.

I swear I say this with every major release but no one has ever provided evidence to show that providing minutes or hours of gameplay months before release helps sales. If anything, people take that gameplay and nitpick the hell out of it.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:47 AM   #11
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7

If anything, I think the EA Sports UFC team has given us WAY more info than any other next-gen sports game so far. While it isn't much, they started rolling out the roster reveal months ago. And like aholbert said, they've released multiple trailers. I think they're pretty proud of the game judging by the trailers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2014, 10:14 AM   #12
Rookie

Coolade's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
When was that stream? It had to be in the last two weeks because I remember nothing from Sony at the two month mark.

E3 wont really matter because there is a decent chance the demo will be out by then.

I just dont get the impatience. The game comes out June 17 no matter what. If EA is hiding the game like Bad Intentions said....dont buy the game. If all they show is hype trailers and screenshots by release...dont buy the game. Thats what people did with Live.

I swear I say this with every major release but no one has ever provided evidence to show that providing minutes or hours of gameplay months before release helps sales. If anything, people take that gameplay and nitpick the hell out of it.
The stream was on april 14th, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ze5PqY-Ap8 so about what, 21 days? Until release. MLB the show is a different situation, as they have a PS3 version to market and sell first before showing off the next gen version. NBA2k14 did the same thing. EA UFC however has no previous iteration of its own game to worry about competing with. As a fan of MMA it's hard to be patient for information is all aha. No biggie.
Old 04-20-2014, 05:15 PM   #13
MVP

CaliDude916's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash13
If anything, I think the EA Sports UFC team has given us WAY more info than any other next-gen sports game so far. While it isn't much, they started rolling out the roster reveal months ago. And like aholbert said, they've released multiple trailers. I think they're pretty proud of the game judging by the trailers.
I agree. FIFA, Madden, and especially NBA, we didn't get to see much of anything before the games released.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-20-2014, 08:08 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

I just hope the game will have a CPU vs CPU option.

EA MMA didn't have that.

Fight Night Champion did.

Surely, that is something they will include.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:29 AM   #15
Rookie

New interview form middle easy....

http://middleeasy.com/gaming/item/13...ut-of-the-game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2014, 11:57 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Can't see the video at work, but what did they mention about the Fight Night series in this video? Really interested to see if Boxing ever comes back to consoles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »