Home

MLB 14 The Show: The State of Online Post-Patch

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show: The State of Online Post-Patch within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2014, 11:09 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB 14 The Show: The State of Online Post-Patch

If you read our previous review of Sony’s MLB ’14:The Show, than you know we absolutely loved the game as a whole. We lauded SCEA for the improvements to the game, including the highly desired online franchise. However, the game’s online connectivity and lag issues left us wanting more.

If you’re a fan of the series, than you know that online play has been a consistent problem with the series, but typically SCEA San Diego has done a good job of at least correcting the online issues where the game is typically functional. With that said, we thought it would be prudent to take another look at the games online portion now that patch 1.11 has been released to the public.

Read More - MLB 14 The Show: The State of Online Post-Patch
Platform: PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2014, 11:21 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
my experience has been very similar and I've walked away from the online game until they make it playable. its funny how they invest in building and expanding online options like franchise mode yet the foundation of the game, gameplay, is a total mess and unenjoyable IMO. they literally went backwards, last years game was very playable online and that had me really stoked for this years online gameplay. its too bad.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:23 AM   #3
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
wow you are going to call that an improvement?
Old 04-25-2014, 11:43 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 21
I don't play online...never have. But my son does. Says game is totally unplayable online (CT - high speed connection). He ONLY plays online so in his eyes he wasted $60. I hate online but feel sorry for the folks who play that mode and can't...it does not portend well for PS4 either.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:43 AM   #5
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: MLB 14 The Show: The State of Online Post-Patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
wow you are going to call that an improvement?
When we first did the review Hustlin, we were never once able to finish an online game. We didn't say it was good, just improved - which it has.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2014, 11:51 AM   #6
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
When we first did the review Hustlin, we were never once able to finish an online game. We didn't say it was good, just improved - which it has.
understand that, but majority of online community would agree that online is unacceptable as is and has taken a major step back compared to 12 and 13. Let's keep it real lol. With that being said Im holding out hope for the 6th and the PS4 version play a lot better online considering PS Plus is required and MLBTS is a first party
Old 04-25-2014, 11:56 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1
Nice article. As expected, The Show's black eye -- online. Not trying to take away from your input, but the first two paragraphs contain the words "than" instead of "then." Just an FYI.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:58 AM   #8
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

I've always wondered why this series has such a hard time getting online to work. The only game I've ever played online is SF4 (the original lol) and I never had drops and only minimal lag at worst, and that's with my ****ty 1.2 Mb (yes, Mb) internet. I know SF4 is/was P2P, but wasn't The Show also at one point? Aren't servers supposed to be better?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »