Home

MLB 14 The Show: The State of Online Post-Patch

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show: The State of Online Post-Patch within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2014, 12:04 PM   #9
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: MLB 14 The Show: The State of Online Post-Patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
understand that, but majority of online community would agree that online is unacceptable as is and has taken a major step back compared to 12 and 13. Let's keep it real lol. With that being said Im holding out hope for the 6th and the PS4 version play a lot better online considering PS Plus is required and MLBTS is a first party
Cannot argue with that -
Old 04-25-2014, 02:12 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 7
Over 10 years ago, we had High Heat on the PC. That game played awesome online consistently, and with a slow DSL connection. I just don't understand. In this day and age, when we have so many various games that play great online usually, how The Show continues to struggle! It must be very old legacy code.

Also, it makes no sense to expand on the online options, when the core gameplay isn't there online as a foundation yet.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:13 PM   #11
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDwinder
Over 10 years ago, we had High Heat on the PC. That game played awesome online consistently, and with a slow DSL connection. I just don't understand. In this day and age, when we have so many various games that play great online usually, how The Show continues to struggle! It must be very old legacy code.

Also, it makes no sense to expand on the online options, when the core gameplay isn't there online as a foundation yet.
For me MVP NCAA 06 was by far the best experience for baseball online lol and that was PS2 days
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2014, 05:16 PM   #12
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

Ive never been an online Show player and never will be, im an offline Franchise man at heart, but i have to say it does more than surprise me that Sony continually has these online problems for a 1 v 1, two player game.

Compare it to Conquest in Battlefield 4, which i do play online, 32 v 32, 64 people from all over the world on the same screen and 99.9% of the time it works absolutely brilliantly.

It is indeed an odd one, and i do have sympathy for those of you to whom online is a big thing.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:25 PM   #13
Banned

b22gamer's Arena

OVR: 7
Agree w/ Hustlin that MVP NCAA 06 was a joy to play online. Last year's MLBTS series wasn't that bad in terms of online play, you could get used to the slight lag on meter pitching and pulse, in fact, I still play 13 online and will until they close the servers. I've held out for PS4 and the new 14 version, but if online isn't fixed, maybe I'll hold off a little longer. Online gaming is one of the best creations out there for gamers IMO and I'd hate to see such a great franchise be effected by a poor online experience.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:27 PM   #14
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by linda27042009
my buddy's half-sister makes $87 /hr on the computer . She has been out of a job for 6 months but last month her pay check was $21667 just working on the computer for a few hours. this page LINK HERE>>>> W**WW*.*J*O*B*T*O*G*.*C*O**M
Is she married? Cause I'm all over that **** -
Old 04-25-2014, 10:36 PM   #15
Banned

rman's Arena

OVR: 4
Looks like I'll get this used when it goes under $20. I really did not expect online to work, it's been what 7 years now? Remember playing 2K1 on the dreamcast with dial up? That game was perfect online. That was a long time ago. Oh and as for PS4, I don't see it getting any better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2014, 10:05 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 8

At this point, it's beyond a joke that the online portion of the game is plagued with connectivity and lag issues. It's been seven years now. SEVEN! It's a shame because the offline gameplay is so damn good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »