Home

NHL 15 Wish List - Is This A Make Or Break Year?

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Wish List - Is This A Make Or Break Year? within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2014, 10:02 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NHL 15 Wish List - Is This A Make Or Break Year?

Matt Bertz of Game Informer has posted an impressive wish list for NHL 15, which includes various items for presentation, gameplay, game modes and online improvements.

Make sure you give it a read and let us know whether you agree or disagree with his list or just want to add to it.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2014, 11:21 AM   #2
Rookie

csamuelsvt's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NHL 15 Wish List – Is This A Make Or Break Year?

this is fantastic! Impressive list indeed. Hopefully with the power of the new systems we get all of these.

Oh and when we score goals, can everyone actually come together and celebrate instead of just running into each other like zombies. Bring back the 5 man celebration, but in real time!
Old 04-25-2014, 01:08 PM   #3
Rookie

ianlast's Arena

OVR: 10

Hands-down the best wishlist I've seen for an NHL game. Add the ability to chip the puck? Yes! This guy clearly watches hockey and knows what he's talking about. Would be thrilled if EA could build on these ideas for NHL 15, and have them fully implemented for NHL 16.

If I could add one thing to this wishlist, it would be to expand their sliders to a 1-100 scale, and make adjustments to them more meaningful than they currently are. NBA 2K and FIFA have this figured out, the NHL series unfortunately has not.
Old 04-25-2014, 01:32 PM   #4
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

OVR: 44

That's a pretty solid list. The thing that needs the most work is definitely Live the Life and Be A GM mode. If they could do what the NBA 2K series does with meetings with the general manager and the press, it would be much more entertaining. It would be even better if they could implement a story line, such as with Jackson Ellis in NBA 2K14 next-gen (current gen??). Arena's also need a lot of work, as most of the time the arenas all look/feel the same except for the logo at center ice.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:28 PM   #5
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

OVR: 13

Outside of gameplay, there's no excuse for not competing with The Show and NBA 2k. Those should be the standards that the team strives for.

Gameplay is a different situation. I am a big believer that a major component of The Show and NBA 2k getting higher praise than NHL and Madden is the fact that they feature much less physicality and therefore collision detection/awkward encounters. It is safe to say that we will never have as authentic a representation of hockey or football as we do baseball and basketball. Still, there is no reason that feature modes and presentation shouldn't be on the same level.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2014, 04:30 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1
Excellent article, great points made. Presentation - can we get more stat updates, standings, goals, assist, point leaders (relevant info, series stats against opponents), the announcers can also talk about leading scorer, injuries, etc. Penalties - can we get more penalties, please!! I could go on, but the article encompasses a lot of meaningful changes/updates..
Old 04-25-2014, 04:40 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3
A major thing that needs to be redone in NHL is their Menu system. It's extremely clunky, slow, and counter intuitive. They have a very PS1 feel to them.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:30 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0
I love the NHL series and I can't wait to play it on the new systems but I have had enough with nhl 14. Biggest thing that need to be addressed is A.I. I have beat the legends team using a WHL team winning 4-1 on super star difficulty. Play any other sports game like that and your not going to win. There is to many a.i. Issues to list but they need to keep improving that heavily. There is a lot that can and needs improving on what is a solid game but gameplay needs to be addressed first before commentating or revamping GM mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »