Home

More Madden NFL 15 Details Revealed

This is a discussion on More Madden NFL 15 Details Revealed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2014, 06:28 PM   #17
MVP

EAGLESFAN10's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: More Madden NFL 15 Details Revealed

Dynamic Pre-Game and Half-Time Shows I like the sound of that big I'll wait to SEE and HEAR More

BRON IS THE GOAT!!

Louisville, Kentucky is My Hometown
Old 04-28-2014, 06:31 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 8

I'm curious how they can reinvent "new camera angles" every year for the past decade.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:37 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Broadcast presentation means nothing to me until they put CPU vs CPU back into franchise mode...
Old 04-28-2014, 06:42 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 15

It is nice to hear about the defensive side of the ball getting work. However, it is discouraging not to hear about the fundamental framework of any game not being a focal point "PLAYER MOVEMENT"

Madden has had the worst player movement/locomotion of any sports game on the market since 2006. (Maybe any game in general) They touted "Footplanting" as a primary marketing point last year, but we come to find out that it is ONLY FOR USER CONTROLLED PLAYERS (EVEN THIS WAS VERY IFFY). This leaves the other 21 players on the field still using the same jittery movement we have had since 2006.

This game will never be playable until they nail player movement for all 22 players on the field. This includes running animations, locomotion elements (momentum, acceleration/de-celeration/footplanting, realistic pivots) and adding a TON of new running styles so players on the field actually look and feel different.

Also, the animations in this game in general have been absolutely horrid (AND Repetitive) for almost a decade now. They need a complete (AND I MEAN COMPLETE) overhaul of the entire animation engine to make this game look and feel brand new. (Look at MLB The Show and NBA 2K. Widely regarded as the best sports game on the market and they both animate so beautifully it is almost like watching a game on TV)

IMO, these are the primary things this team needs to get nailed down before adding anything else. Considering these issues have been around for about 10 years now and EA constantly says they will fix them, I do not have much faith...

Last edited by ch46647; 04-28-2014 at 06:45 PM.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:57 PM   #21
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
They need a complete (AND I MEAN COMPLETE) overhaul of the entire animation engine to make this game look and feel brand new.
This is not going to happen.

EA Sports shares tech very closely amongst its games now - next-gen Madden, NBA Live, UFC, FIFA, and presumably NHL all use the same core tech for animation, physics, and audio on Gen-8 consoles. Calling for Madden to stray away from this shared tech is not a realistic expectation. Those who continue to hold out hope for such are only going to be disappointed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2014, 07:18 PM   #22
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Don't really like the sound of in-depth player profiles. In-depth usually means really specific which is good for play now games but a disaster for franchise mode. Kind of like the QB intros. It's the Year 2020 and it's still Matt Cassel who took over for Tom Brady blah blah blah. We'll see though, hoping for the best.
That really took me out of the game when that happened.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:46 PM   #23
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

At first I said I wasn't going to get this but if they add a All-22 camera and fix the presentation I'm getting it even if the gameplay is bad. Sliders fixed M25 for me but the presentation is still terrible in that game and it sucks the fun out of CFM.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:09 PM   #24
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

I'll reserve my opinion until e3. At least this year we'll probably get more off screen footage of next gen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »