Home

EA Sports UFC Video and Blog - The Ultimate Fighter Career Mode and Online Modes

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC Video and Blog - The Ultimate Fighter Career Mode and Online Modes within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2014, 10:56 AM   #9
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23
I live the longevity idea, however hopefully this applies to the computer as well. Also, xp is okay if there is some type of regression system based on age for things such as speed.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:03 AM   #10
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: EA Sports UFC Video and Blog - The Ultimate Fighter Career Mode

I wonder if fighters added as DLC will be integrated into career mode....
It would also be nice if you could add your own CAF's, but I seriously doubt that either of those will be possible.

As far as Gameface, have we heard if you can use multiple Gamefaces yet or will you just be able to use one?

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 04-30-2014, 11:21 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasian
Thats what I want a UFC Universe where I can play Joe Silva or Dana White and set up events and track everything. Im not in to career mode. Unless I can play as some of the fellow fighters in the game, I don't care about that mode. I just hope they have cpu vs cpu. I like to watch the computer play sometimes and make my own match ups.
This is definitely where games like this need to go. Single Player Career modes tend to follow a predictable path of almost inevitable success. Having the ability to control the World of UFC has much more long term potential than the tunnel vision Single Player option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2014, 11:44 AM   #12
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Probably. Wouldnt make much sense to take Anderson Silva through TUF.
Why not?

Not everyone is an expert in this game.

I was just asking if it was confirmed or not. Not all of us follow UFC religiously to know who every single fighter is.

I'm interested in going through a career mode so I thought it'd be cool if we could use a current fighter and work our way up.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:45 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 5
I would prefer if you were able to control a gym of fighters and have one in each weight class or multiples in each weight class. You have to manage egos or two guys in the same weight class both up for a title. Or guys wanting to leave your gym due to not being pushed hard enough or not being given a title shot against another champion in your gym. Have it so that your gym develops a rivalry with other gyms.

I do hope that they build up natural rivalries. A fight that starts generating buzz way before it happens. Also finding ways to build obstacles in career mode or presenting you with tough choices like changing trainers or gyms. Just anything to make career mode more immersive and a different experience based off of different experiences or choices that you make the mode replayable.

Something else that would be cool is having a career mode with other human users
Old 04-30-2014, 11:51 AM   #14
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Why not?

Not everyone is an expert in this game.

I was just asking if it was confirmed or not. Not all of us follow UFC religiously to know who every single fighter is.

I'm interested in going through a career mode so I thought it'd be cool if we could use a current fighter and work our way up.
No one was saying you had to be an expert on the UFC. The structure of the career mode is to take a fighter through the Ultimate Fighter and build their career. That doesnt work that well if you are using established fighters who have histories and stats.

The only way I could see that as an option is if they zeroed out the UFC fighter's stats so that you could increase their attributes and abilities as they moved through the ranks.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:23 PM   #15
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Boxing games in the past along with past UFC games allowed you to use current fighters in career mode. Past UFC games called it the what if factor. What if Joe Blow was a wrestler instead of a stand up guy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2014, 12:41 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC Video and Blog - The Ultimate Fighter Career Mode and Online Modes

Although I prefer to play with the real life fighters, this is still pretty awesome. Everything looks great and rather fluid. The two things I liked most about the video were the TUF integration and the overall attention to detail. Crowds looked great, I liked that they included 3 cornermen per side, etc etc. In regards to TUF, I like that they are using two coaches who have real life rivalries. It would have been easy for them to just have you fight a couple times and then you are granted a contract but it seems as if they really wanted to give it the realest experience which I can appreciate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »