Home

MLB 14 The Show: Why You Should Pick Up The Vita Version

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show: Why You Should Pick Up The Vita Version within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2014, 11:12 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB 14 The Show: Why You Should Pick Up The Vita Version

Is the handheld version worth your time and money
?

The daily grind of a baseball player is much less enticing than most believe. The constant repetition of doing the same thing every day; the bus rides that last hours upon hours; the crazy and zany promotions in a Minor League Baseball stadium. These are just a few of the obstacles one must work through before suiting up for The Show.

Read More - MLB 14 The Show: Why You Should Pick Up The Vita Version
Platform: PS3 / PS Vita / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2014, 11:52 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Heck, I am playing a ton of The Show 14 on my Vita and I don't even own a PS3. I just wish we got the current Madden and any hockey game on the Vita!
Old 04-30-2014, 11:53 AM   #3
Just started!

OVR: 0
I just went through your exact thought process this past Saturday and finally picked up the Vita version. Partly because I can't wait til May 6th to play The Show, but primarily because the cross-save aspect is awesome.

The one thing I am still curious about is how well PS4 Remote Play will work for the game. If Remote Play is available for the game and it works well enough, it might eliminate the need to pick up the Vita version for some people.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:14 PM   #4
No Official License

Inhocmark's Arena

OVR: 4
Using remote play mostly with FIFA and I can tell you pretty much that if you're not on the same network with your two devices and in a nearish proximity then your results will likely be spotty/non existent.

Playing within a floor of my PS4 (its in the basement) is not an issue. Go to the upper level and I get screen tearing and warnings about the connection.

I can't imagine that it works all that well off network. If you really want The Show on the Go, then buying a copy might be the only way to go. I did it last year and you give up a wee bit playing on the VITA but its not all bad.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:22 PM   #5
Rookie

mcmax3000's Arena

OVR: 2
I've been really close to pulling the trigger on a Vita for The Show for a while now. It's even more tempting right now since I just found out that I'll still be working part time through the summer while I'm in school.

The only big thing stopping me is the memory card pricing. When I'll be spending $200 for the system, and like $40 for the game, I don't want to add a bunch more on top of that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2014, 02:29 PM   #6
Rookie

mcmax3000's Arena

Just looked around, and apparently in Canada, at least online, the Vita is basically impossible to find right now. I can't find a single retailer that has any options other than the Borderlands 2 bundle that's not out for a couple more weeks.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:36 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmax3000
I've been really close to pulling the trigger on a Vita for The Show for a while now. It's even more tempting right now since I just found out that I'll still be working part time through the summer while I'm in school.

The only big thing stopping me is the memory card pricing. When I'll be spending $200 for the system, and like $40 for the game, I don't want to add a bunch more on top of that.
I recommend purchasing a Vita. It seems like a lot of money, but if you can find a memory card on sale that helps a ton. I bought a 32gb card from Gamestop for $50 in December. And if you have PS+ you can a good amount of games for free to play. One of my favorite features is remote play. Almost every time I'm watching a game on TV I'll remote play NBA 2K of FIFA on my Vita and sim through some games. When the game is over I'll switch over to my PS4 and continue from where I left off.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:12 PM   #8
Rookie

mcmax3000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLattire
I recommend purchasing a Vita. It seems like a lot of money, but if you can find a memory card on sale that helps a ton. I bought a 32gb card from Gamestop for $50 in December. And if you have PS+ you can a good amount of games for free to play. One of my favorite features is remote play. Almost every time I'm watching a game on TV I'll remote play NBA 2K of FIFA on my Vita and sim through some games. When the game is over I'll switch over to my PS4 and continue from where I left off.
Unfortunately in Canada, we don't get a lot of the great sales that you guys do in the US. I don't think I've ever seen Vita memory cards discounted up here.

A lot of the system bundles seem to come with 8GB, so I may end up pulling the trigger on one of those, and just using that (since The Show will be the main thing I use the system for, and I'll buy a retail copy of that) until I can find a deal of some sorts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »