Home

MLB 14 The Show: Why You Should Pick Up The Vita Version

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show: Why You Should Pick Up The Vita Version within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2014, 03:26 PM   #9
Pro

rkocjay's Arena

OVR: 0
i had the vita verison since day 1 just watching until may 6 for ps4 n then EPIC
Old 04-30-2014, 06:02 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3
If you're having problems finding one it's likely due at least in part to the shift to the new revised model. This is the one that ships with the Borderlands bundle. If you're a fan of the original OLED (like I am) then you probably want to hunt a bit more to score one of the originals before they are gone. Either way the Vita is a great piece of kit with some fantastic games - you can't go wrong.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:06 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 4
But how do we know Sony will update the Vita version? I'm playing it, but I think I'm a version behind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2014, 07:37 PM   #12
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmax3000
Just looked around, and apparently in Canada, at least online, the Vita is basically impossible to find right now. I can't find a single retailer that has any options other than the Borderlands 2 bundle that's not out for a couple more weeks.
The Borderlands 2 Bundle comes out next week (5/6), you could literally pick it up the same day that you pick up the Show for the PS4 (assuming you are planning on doing that). That is unless Canada is getting it later than the US, but I believe region determines release date.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:52 PM   #13
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15
I've had the past 2 versions of the Show on the Vita, decided to wait on getting it this time around.

I will wait to see how much I enjoy the PS4 version, simply because I played the crap out of the Show on the Vita for the first 2 months and then started playing it sparingly, and haven't picked it up since the summer. I'm not sure I want to spend another $40 on a game that I wind up playing for 2 months and then fall out of playing, when I have 2 versions of the game that are largely the same.

If the quick pitch proves to be as enjoyable and as time-saving as I hope it is I'll grab it on the Vita and utilize the cross-save ability. Until then I'll stick with my Pitcher RTTS on 13, I prefer the ability to point right to where you want the ball to be rather than trying to use the analog to place it (I've got shaky fingers, though I think the new analogs on the DS4 may minimize that issue for me).
Old 04-30-2014, 08:15 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0
I was skeptical on the Vita version initially (MLB 12), but ended up LOVING it. All three editions have ended up getting more play on my Vita than my console, and as a 31yr old male, I wouldn't have expected that. I don't ride a train to work, and don't travel a lot for work either (typically 1-3 plane trips a year), yet I love not only my MLB on Vita, but my Vita.

Might be the best 'console' I've ever purchased, and it is still yet to really discover its capability.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:31 PM   #15
No Official License

Inhocmark's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 14 The Show: Why You Should Pick Up The Vita Version

Going beyond sports games the Vita is getting excellent support from Sony with the PS+. The Indy games are fantastic and it is just all around a great gaming system. It will not replace a tablet or phone, but you will get higher quality games. Very happy with my purchase

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2014, 01:24 AM   #16
Rookie

zrtelford's Arena

OVR: 3
so to get this right. If I have both PS4 and vita version I can play the same season on both versions whenever I choose via a cloud save?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »