Home

Sports Daily: Should Donald Sterling Be Forced to Sell the Clippers?

This is a discussion on Sports Daily: Should Donald Sterling Be Forced to Sell the Clippers? within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 09:32 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Sports Daily: Should Donald Sterling Be Forced to Sell the Clippers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by josephid
Hopefully banning Steriling helps blacks. It is sad that too many of them are suffering.

What is worse, whites or basically ever other race are at an advantage because they have Neanderthal genes and blacks don't. To put it simple, the blacks that stayed isolated in Africa never mixed their genes. Whites have black genes or mixed genes and as a result, pure blacks did not evolve as fast as every other race.

In any event, no one can handle or talk about the truth and we will never solve racism until we do.
This has got to be the dumbest post I have ever seen on this forum. This post is a tribute to pure stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtkiii
No...opinion is opinion. Is it a terrible thing to say...yes of course. But this is his business and he OWNS it. I think the NBA could put pressure on him or the fans should protest to where he needs to sell. But forced. No.
I don't think you understand the nature of "his" business. Without the Clippers being associated with the NBA, that franchise is worth nothing. If a guy owned a McDonalds franchise and then was booted out of the McDs community, he's got nothing to bring people to his restaurant anymore.

Last edited by Optik; 05-01-2014 at 09:36 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2014, 09:40 AM   #26
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Owning a team in the NBA is a privilege not a right so yeah once you start damaging the business you're on the way out one way or another.

Galaxy Note 2
Old 05-01-2014, 10:20 AM   #27
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Since they legally have the right to do so I guess that means the answer is yes. I struggle with it because I'm not a person who feels that legal and right are mutually exclusive.

Taking my humane hat off and putting my business hat on* They have to get away from Sterling. Sterling is toxic and his association with the NBA(or any other business) would hurt the league financial. Those owners will vote him out because of self-interest. This precedence is not something they want to set, but it's the overwhelming lesser of the two evils to their long and short term profits.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

Last edited by da ThRONe; 05-01-2014 at 10:23 AM.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:25 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Sterling has a right to be a bigoted idiot. The NBA has a right to not have bigoted idiots in its league.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:30 AM   #29
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

locked...no political/race discussion in OS forums.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:31 AM   #30
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFAULTCAMERA
To answer the question no he should not be forced to sell his team if he does not want to. The real question here is why was Chris Paul, Doc Rivers and the rest of the team not upset before they signed with the team? They're saying he had a prior history of racist actions before this tape came out why did all these players go there. Where was all this outrage for Mr. Sterling back in October when the season started if they knew he was such a bad guy already. Everyone is just jumping on the bandwagon right now because it seems like the cool thing to do. When in reality they're missing the whole point of what he was saying.

The last person I want to defend is Chris Paul after he decided my team wasn't "good enough" for him. However there's a difference between he said she said evidence and hearing it from the horse's mouth.

I'm sure Sterling never said those things to his players. It's not like Sterling said these things out in public. These were his private conversations being recorded. And again all his racial history while documented were never things he said in public. I would rather judge a person by the one I meet rather than the one people tell me about.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »