Home

MLB 14 The Show Video - Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Los Angeles Angels (PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Video - Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Los Angeles Angels (PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2014, 11:54 AM   #17
Rookie

eaw913's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 14 The Show Video - Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Los Angeles Angels (PS4)

Watching the youtube videos in HD will do you no good, either. It's only 720p and still looks like doodoo. You'll have to wait until you see it on your TV to get the true graphics.

Honestly, I am still expecting to be blown away. I don't have ridiculously high standards and I am already in love with the game on last gen. I still get a thrill out of MLB 13 so this will certainly be a big leap for me.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:58 AM   #18
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaw913
Honestly, I am still expecting to be blown away. I don't have ridiculously high standards and I am already in love with the game on last gen. I still get a thrill out of MLB 13 so this will certainly be a big leap for me.
This. I'm not expecting über-realism at this point (it's the first release on a new console), I'm just looking forward to the game looking that much better.

Silly as it sounds, one my favorite things to do in '13 is pause the game and use the replay cam to zoom around the stadiums, sort of a personal virtual tour. I can only imagine this will be a much better experience on next-gen.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:00 PM   #19
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaw913
Watching the youtube videos in HD will do you no good, either. It's only 720p and still looks like doodoo. You'll have to wait until you see it on your TV to get the true graphics.

I'm with you on this as I didn't have ridiculously high expectations like so many others do. I've liked what I've seen so far and if the game plays the same as 13 (or last gen in general) I have no problems with that. Can't wait for Tuesday. The wait has been too long.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:19 PM   #20
Rookie

MichaelAngeloTMNT's Arena

OVR: 0
That Pujols Home Run looked AWESOME! I love the camera view. BUT, after he made contact, you will notice that his head swung around. This needs to be fixed. When someone goes Oppo Field, like he did, his head should stay down.

Go to 2:17 in this video. Basically, the same Home Run that he hit in the game. Look how his head stays still. This has been going on for years and should be an easy fix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g0dklXvSiw
Old 05-01-2014, 12:22 PM   #21
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

There are always too many opposite field homers in this game. Hope they adjust this at some point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2014, 12:50 PM   #22
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Nice video.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:41 PM   #23
Rookie

x8Tommy8x's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
This. I'm not expecting über-realism at this point (it's the first release on a new console), I'm just looking forward to the game looking that much better.

Silly as it sounds, one my favorite things to do in '13 is pause the game and use the replay cam to zoom around the stadiums, sort of a personal virtual tour. I can only imagine this will be a much better experience on next-gen.
Lol I do the same thing in the stadiums with replay. In all star baseball they used to have stadium tours. That'd be a pretty cool feature in the future. The game looks great, I can't wait. Angel stadium is missing the big paint can to the left of the rocks though. Everything else looks really good.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:49 PM   #24
No Official License

Inhocmark's Arena

OVR: 4
The PS4 downgrades videos, you never get a true like for like comparison. Obviously the game looks a lot better on a big screen 1080p screen

And as far as this being a 2007 rehash, it is not, far from it. If you have not bought the PS3 version of the game, then you're going to be very happy with the game overall. If you own the PS3 or were using this game to justify a PS4 purchase then you're probably okay to wait.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »