Home

MLB 14 The Show Available As Day 1 Digital Download Available to Download Now (PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Available As Day 1 Digital Download Available to Download Now (PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 08:05 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 20
Re: MLB 14 The Show Available As Day 1 Digital Download at 12:01 AM EST, May 6th (PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorkingchamp
I downloaded the digital version of NBA 2K14 and it took FOREVER! I will never go the digital route on PS4 again without a pre load. I'll just pick it up at the store.
Totally man. 8-15GB is one thing, these 40+GB downloads are REALLY big. Big like "be prepared to wait more than 24 hours for it to finish" big. No thanks. Not until I have Google fiber or something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2014, 09:00 PM   #26
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 14 The Show Available As Day 1 Digital Download at 12:01 AM EST, May 6th (PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
Totally man. 8-15GB is one thing, these 40+GB downloads are REALLY big. Big like "be prepared to wait more than 24 hours for it to finish" big. No thanks. Not until I have Google fiber or something.
The only way it takes that long is if you have a slow dsl speed. Which you might but decent cable and you'll be faster..

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock
Old 05-05-2014, 09:08 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 2
those of you on the west coast who might be thinking that the game will be available at 9:01pm i wouldn't get your hopes up. last digital downloadable i bought was available at 12:01est was not downloadable until 12:01pst (where i live).
Old 05-05-2014, 09:15 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp
The only way it takes that long is if you have a slow dsl speed. Which you might but decent cable and you'll be faster..
I think you're in for a surprise my friend. Even at 8MB per second (which is lightning fast) you're still talking 15 hours. Do the math. People with regular ol' download speeds (1-2 MB/s) will be waiting DAYS.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:26 PM   #29
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

Quote:
I think you're in for a surprise my friend. Even at 8MB per second (which is lightning fast) you're still talking 15 hours. Do the math. People with regular ol' download speeds (1-2 MB/s) will be waiting DAYS.
Well if the average of 25/s is correct lots of us will get it much quicker than that..

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock
Old 05-05-2014, 09:28 PM   #30
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
those of you on the west coast who might be thinking that the game will be available at 9:01pm i wouldn't get your hopes up. last digital downloadable i bought was available at 12:01est was not downloadable until 12:01pst (where i live).
That was what it was for me with second son but I heard another who said child of light they downloaded at 10 in mountain time..

I still have some hope.

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

Old 05-05-2014, 09:29 PM   #31
Rookie

ApolloKids's Arena

Quote:
Lol, your math is so off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2014, 09:38 PM   #32
Formerly simon48xbox

The_Balm's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Your math doesn't work. I think you might be confusing MB/s and Mb/s

47GB * 1024 = 48,128MB / 8MB/s = 6016 seconds / 60 = 100 minutes of download time.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »