Home

2K Sports Names Kevin Durant as NBA 2K15 Cover Athlete, Arrives October 7th

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Names Kevin Durant as NBA 2K15 Cover Athlete, Arrives October 7th within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2014, 06:10 PM   #1
Pro

Daddy123's Arena

OVR: 3

2K Sports has just announced Kevin Durant as the NBA 2K15 cover athlete. Expect it in stores on October 7th for Xbox One, PS4, PS3, 360 and PC.

The 2013-14 Kia NBA Most Valuable Player previously appeared with Blake Griffin and Derrick Rose in NBA 2K13 and wearing his Texas uniform in NCAA March Madness 08. We won't count the canned NBA Elite 11.

Check out the official press release below.

2K Announces 2014 NBA MVP Kevin Durant as NBA® 2K15 Cover Athlete

NBA 2K’s collaboration with the NBA’s best players continues in the next iteration of the legendary franchise

2K today announced that Oklahoma City Thunder superstar, four-time NBA scoring champion, and recently crowned 2014 NBA Most Valuable Player, Kevin Durant, will make his solo debut as video game cover athlete on NBA® 2K15, the next installment of the top-selling and top-rated NBA video game simulation franchise*. With the selection, Durant completes a banner year in which he garnered the NBA’s top award for the first time in his career and fulfilled his lifelong dream of being the feature athlete on an NBA 2K cover, all while cementing his legacy as one of the greatest players of this generation.

“I’m honored to be selected for the cover of NBA 2K,” said Durant, who is currently leading the Oklahoma City Thunder against Los Angeles Clippers during this year’s NBA Playoffs. “I’ve been an avid fan and player of NBA 2K since I was a kid, and being selected as the sole cover athlete of NBA 2K15 is an amazing accomplishment at this point of my life. I feel like my time has come.”

“We’re continually challenging ourselves to align the NBA 2K franchise with the best of this generation, and Kevin Durant brings one of the NBA’s greatest into our stable of kings,” said Alfie Brody, Vice President of Marketing for 2K. “Our goal is to consistently bring an unmatched experience for the millions of fans that play the NBA 2K series, while paralleling the NBA’s evolution and growth year-over-year.”

In addition to his accomplishments as four-time NBA scoring champion, and winning the 2014 NBA MVP award, Durant’s impressive basketball resume includes four All-NBA team selections, five NBA All-Star selections, and the 2007-2008 NBA Rookie of the Year award, solidifying him as the perfect choice to bring NBA 2K basketball to fans across the globe

2K also announced that customers can pre-order NBA 2K15 for the PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment systems, the Xbox One all-in-one games and entertainment system and Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PC by visiting http://2kgam.es/BuyNBA2K15.

Developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K studio, NBA 2K15 is not yet rated by the ESRB. NBA 2K15 is scheduled for release on PS4™, PS3™, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC on October 7, 2014 in North America and October 10, 2014 internationally.
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2014, 06:37 PM   #2
Rookie

ShogunTake's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Durant to be on #NBA2K15 cover

I'm grateful to hear of any news on the next game, I guess
Old 05-06-2014, 06:53 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Old 05-06-2014, 07:11 PM   #4
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

Don't care about the cover athlete all that much. But I am interested in seeing just what strides the game will take to further separate itself from last gen. As well as the graphical improvements.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:32 PM   #5
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: 2K Sports Names Kevin Durant as NBA 2K15 Cover Athlete, Arrives October 7th

Kind of surprised KD is the cover boy since he was on 2K13.

He deserves his own cover though. So, I don't have a problem with it.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2014, 07:51 PM   #6
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: 2K Sports Names Kevin Durant as NBA 2K15 Cover Athlete, Arrives October 7th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23

Maaan....I had to Google just to jog my memory....I thought it was Jordan on the cover of 2k13.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:56 PM   #7
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23

Same here, he deserves it.

I'm really hoping this year they give us back some features we had in the previous Association mode like cpu vs cpu in gm mode.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:57 PM   #8
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Maaan....I had to Google just to jog my memory....I thought it was Jordan on the cover of 2k13.

I think it went, Jordan on 2K11 (The best 2K) and 2K12 with Magic and Bird. 2K13 had Durant, DRose and Blake.

Now that I think about it, Durant has been on 4 video game covers. NBA Elite 11, NCAA 08, 2K13 and now 2K15.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »