Home

2K Sports Names Kevin Durant as NBA 2K15 Cover Athlete, Arrives October 7th

This is a discussion on 2K Sports Names Kevin Durant as NBA 2K15 Cover Athlete, Arrives October 7th within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2014, 11:51 PM   #17
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: 2K Sports Names Kevin Durant as NBA 2K15 Cover Athlete, Arrives October 7th

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Haha, I'm trying so hard to convince myself not to read too much into that whole spread up top, but I'd be lying if I said the appearance of all those courts alongside "Your time has come" didn't bum me out a little. I know, I know, I know, we now know 0.00001% of what NBA 2K15 will be all about, but with the 2K14 debacle, a mega playground and another allusion to the singular MyPlayer is not exactly what I wanted to see first.

That said, I like the selection of Kevin Durant as the cover athlete. I just could have gone for him standing on an NBA basketball court with a tagline like, "Simulation is back. Welcome to the future of authenticity" or something equally as corny, pointing toward a The Show-like re-commitment to reality.

I swear, any other year and I'd think it'd be goofy to draw any conclusions from a series of basketball courts in the background.
Yeah after the massive disappointment of last year I'm weary of more underserving hype that 2k builds until October. Just wait until LD2K starts his usual marketing on OS lol.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:51 PM   #18
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Hope this means 2k will do some work on kd's grill when it comes to 360/ps3 among many others.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 05-07-2014 at 12:29 AM.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:10 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
I am pretty sure it will return, but long as the official Crew Mode is back, I am cool with it.

Also, hopefully, they improve The Park, which I am sure they will.

The Arena with BLARING Lights coming out of it, DIRECTLY behind the multiple
PARK courts.....Then the cherry on top..YOUR TIME HAS COME!!!

The Old Crew Mode is back.

After all these years, FINALLY our time as customers, and fans of the 2k series has come back to claim whats rightfully ours...The title of best crew!!!
and it all starts in NBA2K15 my career mode.

Myplayer is connected to the Parks mode, which in turn allows you to recruit for your MyCrew which in turn can be played INDOORS in an arena the way it was, us and has always been meant to play.

When it comes to 2k, and their ever clever marketing schemes,

A Picture....

is worth a thousand words.....

Old 05-07-2014, 12:11 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
Yeah after the massive disappointment of last year I'm weary of more underserving hype that 2k builds until October. Just wait until LD2K starts his usual marketing on OS lol.
Perhaps the subdued cover reveal is a sign of a toned down marketing machine this year. I actually kind of appreciated the news not being teased with a week's worth of riddles and "omg u guyz gonna flip when u c who we got to be on the cover!" types of posts and hints.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:16 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 4

So after todays events in the real life NBA with KD winning the League MVP. 2k announced right off the bat on the same day that he will also be on the cover of 2k15. Now what strangely has come to my mind tonight is very unlikely but anything is possible in the media nowadays.

Once all is said and done after the 2013-2014 NBA season, the ex 2K cover athlete LeBron James can opt out of his contract with the Heat. Each NBA season ends in June then starts the offseason in that same month if I'm correct? Well lets just say if and only "if" LeBron does shock the league and all of its followers by announcing his return back to his draft team immediately after the season. Then would it be possible for EA Sports to bring THE FIRST BACK TO BACK TEAMMATE COVER ATHLETE (Kyrie Irving on Live 14) and (LeBron on Live 15) IN THE HISTORY OF SPORTS VIDEO GAMES ON THAT SAME DAY FOR HIM??

Now the only reason why I'm hypothisizing and making this outrageous theory is because last years NBA Live 14 cover was announced on July 23rd as Cleveland Cavalier, Kyrie Irving who is clearly still on the Cavs today. But 2k's was reveled June 6th pretty much after the Heat won The Finals last year. Then now that KD is that seasons real life MVP and the "same day" cover athlete. That strangley leads me to believe something is brewing up behind the scenes greater than we think!

As a loyal long time Cleveland sports fan I do believe "The Greatest Athlete in The World"(LBJ)could make his return back to Cleveland professional basketball more smoothly if he can truly pull his major marketing strings between the two game developers by just simply becoming a free agent, sign another contract, wear another Cavs uniform (#6) on the Cover of NBA Live 15!!!

If this is becomes real life to not just me but all of us then it will be extremely ledgendary and courageous by not only LeBron himself but the game developers too because this truly could create another video game sports monopoly deja vu we already encountered to a whole other level we've never seen before!!!!

SO PLEASE OPERATION SPORTS LEAVE AND STICKY THIS THREAD OR EVEN MAKE A ARTICLE ABOUT MY ULTIMATE SPORTS ANALOGY HECK OR EVEN HIRE ME TO YOUR SITE IF THIS HAPPENS IM BRILLIANT LIKE LEBRON HIMSELF!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2014, 05:10 AM   #22
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ksportsnut
I doubt the old Crew mode will return, they seem way more interested in pushing more casual friendly arcade modes now such as the Park and Myteam so they can make more money from VC microtransactions.

Even if they improve the Park a little bit next year, it will still be outdoors with limited rules and with casual sliders. Streetball gameplay will never be anywhere close to being SIM like. If people like arcade basketball were all you do is reach 100x a game, dunk and layup over players consistently, and throw unstoppable alley oops all game then thats fine. I just find it extremely boring.
So do what everyone else does and shoot 3s. I love to run down the court and oop it to a homie. But then they bomb a 3 in my face and it takes away from the fun of being able to dominate with good ball movement and running a pick and roll offense. If every team in the nba had all ray Allen clones, who would watch that? A 7ft ray Allen that can block shots and get rebounds and dunk on everyone? That's not realistic. You should have to play one of each of those kinds of styles. Make big men feel like big men instead of running 94 feet all day in a few seconds with no penalty. Not even LeBron can do that.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:07 AM   #23
unk
Rookie

OVR: 0

next-gen version for PC?
Old 05-07-2014, 07:34 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk
next-gen version for PC?

I also hope for Next-Gen Version of the PC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »