Home

Sound Off: KD's MVP, is he the best in basketball?

This is a discussion on Sound Off: KD's MVP, is he the best in basketball? within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2014, 07:40 PM   #17
MVP

BringTheHeat's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Sound Off: KD's MVP, is he the best in basketball?

Voter fatigue played a role in this one. KD played great and for sure carried the Thunder in WB's absence...however even on a "down year" for LeBron he still put up highly efficient numbers that are rarely seen. When you compare the Thunder to the Heart..Sure we have 2 Hall of Famers and another fringe Hall of Famer, but LeBron just impacts and controls each and every game in multiple ways. IMO he should probably be on his 6th straight if it truly meant most valuable.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:48 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 9

Pound for pound, Lebron is the best player in the NBA period..... Fundamentally, Kevin durant is the best player in NBA period.. Just my opinion.
Old 05-09-2014, 03:53 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycecg
ya lebron is better IMO. durant is really just a sniper shooter. the problem is, he tends to fold under pressure. like his playoffs so far, while having some good games not all of them have been that stellar, heck he had a game against grizzlies where he only put up 15 points.
I wouldnt say KD is folding in playoffs... More like his team isnt showing up. thunder need a solid center. If you say KD folded, then you must say the same about lebron when he was on Cavs, hands down MVP during regular season, but in playoffs.. folded as well
Old 05-09-2014, 04:29 PM   #20
MVP

MattUM's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp111
I wouldnt say KD is folding in playoffs... More like his team isnt showing up. thunder need a solid center. If you say KD folded, then you must say the same about lebron when he was on Cavs, hands down MVP during regular season, but in playoffs.. folded as well
How can you mention the Cavs in the same sentence as the Thunder who also have Westbrook, Ibaka, a solid bench, and lots of veterans?

NBA finals years:

2011-2012 Thunder starting 5:
Russell Westbrook
James Harden
Kevin Durant
Serge Ibaka
Kendrick Perkins

2006-2007 Cavs starting 5:
Larry Hughes
Sasha Pavlovic
Lebron James
Drew Gooden
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Lebron James
Old 05-12-2014, 09:35 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUM
How can you mention the Cavs in the same sentence as the Thunder who also have Westbrook, Ibaka, a solid bench, and lots of veterans?

NBA finals years:

2011-2012 Thunder starting 5:
Russell Westbrook
James Harden
Kevin Durant
Serge Ibaka
Kendrick Perkins

2006-2007 Cavs starting 5:
Larry Hughes
Sasha Pavlovic
Lebron James
Drew Gooden
Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Ibaka wasn't as good as he was right now. James Harden did not start. Neither did Sasha Pattycake. Thought it was Daniel Gibson or Eric Snow. I like the comparison, and yes Thunder had a better team than 06-07 Cavs. But they also played against a team that had no excuse for not winning a championship that time. IMO.

Btw Cavs had veterans on that team also, Big Z Donyell Marshell, Eric Snow, David Wesley. Even had talent that was developing Varejo and Shannon Brown who didn't get too see much time on the floor. I see nothings changed here with Durant not getting the credit he deserves by some of you guys.

Last edited by ClutchCity; 05-12-2014 at 09:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2014, 10:34 PM   #22
MVP

MattUM's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCity
Ibaka wasn't as good as he was right now. James Harden did not start. Neither did Sasha Pattycake. Thought it was Daniel Gibson or Eric Snow. I like the comparison, and yes Thunder had a better team than 06-07 Cavs. But they also played against a team that had no excuse for not winning a championship that time. IMO.

Btw Cavs had veterans on that team also, Big Z Donyell Marshell, Eric Snow, David Wesley. Even had talent that was developing Varejo and Shannon Brown who didn't get too see much time on the floor. I see nothings changed here with Durant not getting the credit he deserves by some of you guys.
The stats tell a different story.

Lebron James
Old 05-14-2014, 01:28 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0
Thumbs down Re: Sound Off: KD's MVP, is he the best in basketball?

This isn't meant as an argument ender, but statistically speaking; KD was clearly the most valuable player in the NBA during the 2013-14 season. I still believe LeBron is the better all-around player in terms of ability though.

Win Shares
1. Kevin Durant-OKC 19.2
2. LeBron James-MIA 15.9
3. Kevin Love-MIN 14.3
4. Stephen Curry-GSW 13.4
5. James Harden-HOU 12.8
Win Shares Per 48 Minutes
1. Kevin Durant-OKC .295
2. Chris Paul-LAC .270
3. LeBron James-MIA .264
4. Kevin Love-MIN .245
5. Stephen Curry-GSW .225

Player Efficiency Rating
1. Kevin Durant-OKC 29.8
2. LeBron James-MIA 29.3
3. Kevin Love-MIN 26.9
4. Anthony Davis-NOP 26.5
5. DeMarcus Cousins-SAC 26.1
Old 05-14-2014, 04:03 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 7

What does stats have to do with which team was better? No doubt OKC had a better team. I just don't understand why KD can't get his credit. He was clearly the better player this year overall.

Lebron's first shot at a title basically ended up like Durants. That's all I get out of it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »