Home

Sound Off: The State of Madden NFL After the 2014 NFL Draft

This is a discussion on Sound Off: The State of Madden NFL After the 2014 NFL Draft within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2014, 02:50 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Sound Off: The State of Madden NFL After the 2014 NFL Draft

Every team in Madden NFL now has a completely different look heading into next year. The Browns have Johnny Manziel. The Texans now have Jadeveon Clowney rushing from the end. Paul Richardson will be catching passes from Russell Wilson soon.

How was your team changed by the draft and which rookie are you looking forward to playing as most in Madden NFL 15 this upcoming season?
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2014, 04:19 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Looking forward to playing with Tre Mason on the Rams.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:12 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Sound Off: The State of Madden NFL After the 2014 NFL Draft

Mike Evans and ASJ were added to the Bucs which I am supremely excited to see on the field. If you include Vincent Jackson in that mix, it's practically basketball on grass baby!

However, in Madden, although it may look different, I am hesitant to expect it feeling different. Receivers like VJax or Evans play no different in-game than a receiver like Steve Smith, so I'm unsure if I am looking forward to playing anything on Madden at the moment.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:02 PM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Looking forward to having about a half-dozen rookies on the defensive depth chart for the Cowboys lol.

I'm not normally one to deviate from playing as Dallas, but I'm tempted to try out a bunch of different teams now - Jacksonville, St. Louis, Minnesota, Detroit, and Cleveland among them.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:02 PM   #5
Banned

Aggies67's Arena

I know that some people think Johnny is arrogant, but come his head isn't as big in real life as it is in that screenshot. Wow. I wish EA would stop it with those out-of-proportion heads.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2014, 07:15 PM   #6
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Unless there is some form of custom packages, the Chiefs will be nearly identical to last year. Two of their picks (D. Ford & D. Thomas) will simply be back ups as opposed to situational players.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:49 PM   #7
Banned

dukebeatsuncagain's Arena

OVR: 24
I'm going to run at least on with Johnny.

I mean come on.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:07 PM   #8
Banned

TheSaints7's Arena

My Team (New Orleans Saints)

Brandin Cooks: This was our Number 1 pick. Cooks is elusive, incredible quick and can also return kicks. I'm looking forward to having him in the slot before whipping the ball into him with Drew Brees. He will be a player that I can make others miss and someone who can make a play after the catch. This guy will be a playmaker in Madden.

Stanley Jean-Baptiste: 6ft 3 and one of tallest CB's in the draft, he should be a force in Madden. Tall Cornerbacks with a good rating have always been great at shutting down those tall receivers and I eventually expect Jean-Baptiste to do the same. Young, great size and ball awareness, he could be a gem in Madden 15.

Ronald Powell: Dropped in the Draft because of injuries however I think he has all the chance of developing into a mean Linebacker in Madden 15. I want too turn him into a starter come the second or third season. He has speed, size and strength in real life so hopefully this will continue into Madden.

Brandon Coleman: This guy reminds me of Colston a lot except with more speed, which is great as he is one of my favourite Madden receivers. Another great thing is he was only an UDFA, but there is still no guarantee that he makes the Roster. However within the likely possibility that he does, I know he will be a weapon. A tall receiver with speed is anyone's cup of tea in Madden and I personally can not wait to have him in my Offense.

Other Rookies

Jadeveon Clowney: At the end of the day, who isn't looking forward to using this guy? He will be one of the highest rated Rookies and have great speed, strength and agility. The Texans will be a team I'll be wary of playing against in Madden as he will be alongside JJ Watt and other members of a good Defensive unit.

Marquise Lee: This is someone I have liked for a while. Others seem to either like him or hate him. Tall with good hands and a great route runner, I know he would be perfect for my Offensive Style in Madden.

Sammy Watkins: Do I need too say anything more? Everything you want in a WR, especially in Madden. He is going to be an absolute machine, almost unfair to the CPU if you have him on your team. You will need a solid secondary if you are going to prevent him from playing.

Zach Mettenberger/AJ Mccarron: After just a few Seasons in Madden 15, I will be searching for a QB after Brees retires. I would love for it to be one of those two. Even though trading for them would be costly and difficult, they are the type of Quarterbacks who's style suit me well. They are pocket passers and someone who I wouldn't mind leading my Offense after Drew is gone. After going fairly late in the Draft, they may not have the ratings of Manziel and Bridgewater but they will progress after a couple of Seasons. Of course if they prove to be near impossible to equip, I would have to hit the Draft myself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »