Home

MLB 14 The Show: Debating the Merits of Quick Counts

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show: Debating the Merits of Quick Counts within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2014, 01:02 PM   #9
MVP

RandallB21's Arena

OVR: 8
The only reason I don't use quick counts is it take the art of pitching out of the game. Setting up hitters by changing speeds and locations goes away with quick counts. I can see for the casual gamer or the person that want to have quicker results, but the nuances of baseball separate it from other sports.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:16 PM   #10
MVP

DGuinta1's Arena

OVR: 29
I don't like the unrealistic aspect of subbing a picture after he has already thrown 2 pitches but other than that love it. Thank you SCEA!
Old 05-15-2014, 02:08 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 33
If time is an issue I'd rather Sim the odd half inning. Having a mode where every Batter will have always seen 2 Pitches doesn't work for me. Now if we had an option where a generated count could be anything, even 0-0 that would be more viable for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2014, 02:26 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quick Counts is by far one of the greatest features ever invented for a sports game and I think it works great. So happy that I can complete a game now (with realistic stats) in roughly 20 minutes. I will never play a full length game again!
Old 05-15-2014, 02:42 PM   #13
Rookie

Graviolies's Arena

OVR: 1
I love quick counts and it finally makes playing games in franchise mode viable and still get past one season or two. I think most of the problems people find with it would be alleviated if you could, say, hold a button to start the next at bat with a 0-0 count. Think of it like doing a hurry up in madden. Slap single with your leadoff hitter? Hold the touchpad button as the next batter comes to bat so you can hit and run on an empty count.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:18 PM   #14
No Official License

Inhocmark's Arena

OVR: 4
There are some negatives to quick counts...probably too many deeper counts (you're not getting a CG in under 120 pitches) and a limitation on what strategies you employ in regards to bunting H&R and stealing but its actually a decent forfeit to get a game over in 30-40 minutes.

What it can help too is people that have difficulty with reading pitches out of the pitcher's hand (guilty) being knowing situationally what a pitcher is going to throw and being able to react.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:31 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0
I like it and won't go back but I don't agree that stats are not affected. I'm 40 games into my Pirates franchise and I have scored and given up the least runs in either league. Maybe it's just the way I play, but when you step in there with an 0-2 count you can't waste a big swing . I still like it I may actually finish a season, which I have never done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2014, 03:41 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 5
I absolutely love quick counts. The only issue I have with it is bunting. I think Sony should add a box that asks you if you want to bunt in certain situations. If you say yes to bunting. You can go up there with less than two strikes and try to move the runners over.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »