Home

Sports Daily: The Rise of Soccer in America Edition

This is a discussion on Sports Daily: The Rise of Soccer in America Edition within the Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2014, 08:29 PM   #9
Pro

Josam27o7's Arena

OVR: 3
Forza Italia!
Old 05-12-2014, 10:16 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
It was after about the tenth or so former NFLer that I watched as a kid killed themselves that soccer became my favorite sport. I do love soccer's positives from the mind-bloggling variety of teams, the passion of the fans, the simplicity of its rules and its accessibility, and the lack of commercial interruption. But my decline of interest in American football has also played a large role.
Old 05-13-2014, 09:38 AM   #11
Rookie

Soccer is not a sport out of USA its our life, no timeout or complicated rules just pure passion.

ALLEZ LES BLEUS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2014, 11:20 AM   #12
Rookie

It's so popular that in a whole day, only 10 people have commented on it..... Sure it's the world's most popular sport, but that's because it only requires a ball, therefore there isn't any need for expensive equipment. Watching matches that end in 1-0 or 2-1 after 90 minutes just isn't enough for me. Sure, everyone including myself will watch the World Cup, but on a daily basis I'll pass.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:54 AM   #13
Rookie

You dont know what you miss man. In europe sports is not a school thing, in europe you play for your city your country your heart. You the americans you can't understand the real sport passion with your closed pro leagues. The relegation system is the big difference, there is no real passion if your team can not fall.
im sorry for my english.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:07 AM   #14
Rookie

Grand-Al's Arena

OVR: 5
i life in europe and the soccer thing here is really on top. i still dont like it. i more love all the us-sports (where real man plays and not whiny kickers who fall down everytime they got touched .. pu****) hope the usa will hold on to the nfl as number 1. but with this high priced tickets (last season alot of empty seats in the stadions) they just destroy themself.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:14 AM   #15
Rookie

Grand-Al's Arena

OVR: 5
@ val_1990

they dont miss alot when they are not really into soccer. I mean with this system where every team could fall out of the league, cmon man this is just not closed professional sport. and this is totaly the aspect. look at all this soccer clubs. they are all big big time in financial troubles. i mean look at Lionel (idiot) Messi he is the best payed soccer player (39.5million salary) lol cmon man. then compare it to the nfl players and nhl stars, they have a really low salary compared to this soccer star, and you know what they really really play harder as this jogging kickers who fall down like sisys when they get tackled. also the competition, i prefeer the sports system the us has, look at college football games they have over 100'000 crowd in some games, and here, going down 2 leagues, 200 people watch the game .... and its a absolut joke they play for their heart, how many soccer player do you know who is loyal to his team and went through tuff times ? me i dont know any player ... in my eyes a relegation system and a missed salary cap is really not professional. the leagues are just steered by the richest teams ... bayern munich, man city, barca or madrid ... wow really interesting.... cmon they need to close those leagues, make it professional and build a salary level that every team could win the championship at the end of the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2014, 01:30 PM   #16
Rookie

I mean in Europe the sports is much more important for peoples, supporting a team mean something.
In USA peoples go to the stadiums for eat a burger or watch the halftime show.
In Europe there is a real drama with the system of relegation, the joy of a climb or descent is equivalent to any titles. In Europe sports is not just a show.
(sry for my english again)

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer »