Home

Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Patch 1.13 Available Now For 360 & PS3

This is a discussion on Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Patch 1.13 Available Now For 360 & PS3 within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2014, 02:59 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Patch 1.13 Available Now For 360 & PS3

The PES 2014 patch that was released for PC last week, is available now for PS3 and 360 users. Nothing notable in the patch, as it prepares the game for Data Pack 6, scheduled to release on May 22nd. No details have been released for upcoming data pack.

Updates
<General>
  • Preparatory updates made to make the game compatible with Data Pack 6.0 (Released also on 22/05/2014).
  • Other adjustments and changes have also been made to improve overall gaming experience.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2014, 08:09 PM   #2

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 Patch 1.13 Available Now For 360 & PS3

The refs are calling more of the obvious fouls that they were ignoring before.

Overall, the game still feels incredibly cheap and unsatisfying on Top Player and Superstar. Most of the goals I give up are because my defenders freeze up on crosses and corners in the box.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:23 PM   #3
Pro

TerryP's Arena

OVR: 10

I've only had the game since the free PSN download, so it's impossible for me to say how much the patch may have done for gameplay in general. However I did also experience fouls called when they should have been. I'm certainly not a soccer or soccer game authority but I've had some fun with it the past few days.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:44 PM   #4
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0

I did the ps+ free download thing too and I am enjoying this game so far. It may gave helped that I also grabbed an option file that also has custom tactics added.

Regardless, 6 matches in and thus game hasn't made me curse at the tv or want to power off the console in disgust like fifa does. Honestly if I could mix most of this games AI with a small bit of fifa's and mix the two animation sets and have fifa NG graphics and licenses...perfection.

Some small examples of cool AI;

1. the CPU played a ball down the wing and the player out there purposely curved his run out of bounds and then back over the touch line to square himself for the cross.
2. I like the dribbling controls better, I fed a ball in to my striker at the top of the box D and body faked right then scooped the ball left and burst away, the CPU had no choice but barge in recklessly, they won the ball but fouled me and I was awarded a PK.
3. The CPU has scored on me and not in a cheap way
4. When the CPU toe pokes you the game obeys the laws of momentum flow. So if I have moved the ball to my left and pushed it away and the defender gets a foot in, because I am moving that way and the CPU is merely a boot stuck in, instead of cleanly winning it like fifa, in pes it is most likely to hit your boot or shin and bounce realistically within the parameters of the "flow" and since you are moving with the flow you created you retain possession.
5. Combination play is really cool. You assign plays to areas of the field and when you enter that part of the field they activate.
6. Keepers seem equal for you and the CPU. No super Gordon Banks CPU keeper action like fifa.
7. I had been pressuring the CPU and had the ball deep in their end for awhile. The ball eventually spilled out for a gk. The CPU gk did a quick kick and I misjudged the bounce with my cb. It got over me and the CPU ST gathered it in and bolted off towards my goal. I recovered and gave chase, my keeper came out to narrow the angle and I was gaining on the ST, he feinted around the keeper and slightly lost his balance but was able to get the shot off as I slid in to defend with my cb. The ball spun towards the near post and caromed off the inside of the post. The ST was desperately trying to keep his balance but the force of his momentum was pulling him the wrong direction. I swept in with my LB and booted the ball out of the 6 box well into the upper stands.

From what I have seen so far...where fifa is so happy to deny you glory constantly, pes rewards you with wtf just happened? That was nuts moments.

I have played a whole lot of soccer video games and I have never had one exploit my team for "getting back" in a lazy manner. It didn't feel cheap either.

8. Players don't run offside
9. Pass completion lives in the 70% zone and under on average. Dortmund did top out at a crisp 81% in my last match.

Last edited by BL8001; 05-16-2014 at 02:13 PM.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:12 PM   #5
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL8001
I did the ps+ free download thing too and I am enjoying this game so far. It may gave helped that I also grabbed an option file that also has custom tactics added.

Regardless, 6 matches in and thus game hasn't made me curse at the tv or want to power off the console in disgust like fifa does. Honestly if I could mix most of this games AI with a small bit of fifa's and mix the two animation sets and have fifa NG graphics and licenses...perfection.

Some small examples of cool AI;

1. the CPU played a ball down the wing and the player out there purposely curved his run out of bounds and then back over the touch line to square himself for the cross.
2. I like the dribbling controls better, I fed a ball in to my striker at the top of the box D and body faked right then scooped the ball left and burst away, the CPU had no choice but barge in recklessly, they won the ball but fouled me and I was awarded a PK.
3. The CPU has scored on me and not in a cheap way
4. When the CPU toe pokes you the game obeys the laws of momentum flow. So if I have moved the ball to my left and pushed it away and the defender gets a foot in, because I am moving that way and the CPU is merely a boot stuck in, instead of cleanly winning it like fifa, in pes it is most likely to hit your boot or shin and bounce realistically within the parameters of the "flow" and since you are moving with the flow you created you retain possession.
5. Combination play is really cool. You assign plays to areas of the field and when you enter that part of the field they activate.
6. Keepers seem equal for you and the CPU. No super Gordon Banks CPU keeper action like fifa.
7. I had been pressuring the CPU and had the ball deep in their end for awhile. The ball eventually spilled out for a gk. The CPU gk did a quick kick and I misjudged the bounce with my cb. It got over me and the CPU ST gathered it in and bolted off towards my goal. I recovered and gave chase, my keeper came out to narrow the angle and I was gaining on the ST, he feinted around the keeper and slightly lost his balance but was able to get the shot off as I slid in to defend with my cb. The ball spun towards the near post and caromed off the inside of the post. The ST was desperately trying to keep his balance but the force of his momentum was pulling him the wrong direction. I swept in with my LB and booted the ball out of the 6 box well into the upper stands.

From what I have seen so far...where fifa is so happy to deny you glory constantly, pes rewards you with wtf just happened? That was nuts moments.

I have played a whole lot of soccer video games and I have never had one exploit my team for "getting back" in a lazy manner. It didn't feel cheap either.

8. Players don't run offside
9. Pass completion lives in the 70% zone and under on average. Dortmund did top out at a crisp 81% in my last match.
Good post.

What Option file did you use?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2014, 09:10 PM   #6
MVP

BL8001's Arena

PS3. Using the 7oy option file that works with the World Cup add on.

I had Paul's file from the pes gaming site but the 7oy is his work plus a few others plus klashmans and 7oys tactics additions. Liga postobon vs liga mx in Paul's.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:22 PM   #7
MVP

BL8001's Arena

One other thing, and this is just how we live now and how software works...I have bought many pes games but this one held little interest to me from what I read before release and afterwards, coupled with getting fifa on the Xbox one I just didn't see any reason to get pes.

With the free dl, being ps+, it was a no brainer.

But this game is weird...by that I mean like I feel I am not playing the game anywhere near the shape it was on release, due to the patches. I see all these complaints from last year about gameplay and feel like I am playing a completely different game. It seems people gave up on this game before patches came out making it a much better game. I don't have anything to compare the state of the game now to though.

But coming from fifa (a title I have every yearly edition of) this game is fun and not frustrating. It's better than last years pes plus has season mode. It feels like classic pes gameplay to me, has me curious what pes 15 NG will be like.
Old 05-17-2014, 01:41 PM   #8
MVP

BL8001's Arena

I have played so much fifa 14 CG and NG over the last 7 months, or is it 8 months? Bought both as soon as they were released is the point here...

Played so many matches with those two titles and it's PES 14 that made me the very first time I saw a loose ball spill out from a 50-50 situation and a CPU controlled team mate accelerate to the ball to win it from another CPU opponent player who was coming for it but a step late. I retained possession because of this.

Never ever ever have I seen my CPU controlled players in fifa react to a loose ball like that.

The little interactions that play out all over the pitch for the duration of the match are handled so much more realistically and fair in pes. The exact same 50/50 thing in fifa is set up to punish you and give the CPU the ball so they can inflate their possession and pass stats.

Another event was the CPU played an early cross to the far post and it was played too deep. It banged off the crossbar and hit my defender who was making a protective back side run with the CPU ST. It surprised both players but after it hit my player it fell closer to their striker who trap/pushed to his right and lunged to slot it home. I just felt like hey CPU cheers mate!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »