Home

EA Sports UFC Video - Be Bruce Lee

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC Video - Be Bruce Lee within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2014, 11:50 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: EA Sports UFC Video - Be Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee is Bruce Lee, so of course anything involving him in a video game gets me a little giddy but it's not going to make this game a must buy for me.

When I watch the video it still looks off. The fighters look stiff and the movements look rigid.

The most disheartening image was when Bruce's opponent went to kick him but Bruce lee's kick landed first and his opponents leg stopped all momentum and went back into his fighting stance.
That has plague fighting games since the the beginning of time from WWF to fight night to UFC regardless of the developer. Hopefully one day someone breaks through and figures out the best way to address this. Some of the best knockouts of all time have happened while a fighter is hit by their opponent but still clips them with an overhand right or a kick to the body or head.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:03 PM   #18
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5

I don't see why people are saying it looks stiff. It's smoother than the THQ games, no question about that.

Until we see the game in action we won't get the full picture anyway.

I know nothing about Bruce Lee but he was a legend of martial arts and it should be fun to use him in the game.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Old 05-15-2014, 03:36 PM   #19
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

I'm not really noticing stiffness either.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 05-15-2014, 04:53 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 0

I am becoming a fanboy of this game...but with that said....there was a bit of stiffness or at least awkwardness of motion.

Its especially obvious with the spin kick to the mid section. That move is NOT meant to be done at such close range. It doesn't look right. What makes that move work is the extension. To be able to spin at that range but still have you knee coiled and then minimally extend the leg out is a bit unnatural and comes off goofy to me. To be honest I noticed a few similar things in another trailer...but generally it looks great
Old 05-16-2014, 01:33 AM   #21
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I'm not really noticing stiffness either.
Idk that spinning elbow Jon Jones threw definitely looked stiff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2014, 09:48 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick32093209
I am becoming a fanboy of this game...but with that said....there was a bit of stiffness or at least awkwardness of motion.

Its especially obvious with the spin kick to the mid section. That move is NOT meant to be done at such close range. It doesn't look right. What makes that move work is the extension. To be able to spin at that range but still have you knee coiled and then minimally extend the leg out is a bit unnatural and comes off goofy to me. To be honest I noticed a few similar things in another trailer...but generally it looks great
This is exactly how I feel. Somethings just look a tad bit off. Also when the kick connects based on the other fighters movement he should have fell or stumbled back because his leg was already in a swinging motion to throw his own kick.

I admit it's got to be very hard to get perfect because there is so much technique involved in fighting.

With that being said the game is still promising.
Old 05-16-2014, 02:04 PM   #23
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
This is exactly how I feel. Somethings just look a tad bit off. Also when the kick connects based on the other fighters movement he should have fell or stumbled back because his leg was already in a swinging motion to throw his own kick.

I admit it's got to be very hard to get perfect because there is so much technique involved in fighting.

With that being said the game is still promising.

This is why I used to hope for a natural motion combat game. You can design the techniques to be throw a certain way, but any type of contact or interuption along the way would alter the technique but purely based on the contact itself and momentum. That would be great instead of 'revert back to postion X'

I feel like naturalmotion has largely been abandoned by most companies and isn't going to make a comeback - it just seems like it got wiped from the face of the earth.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:59 PM   #24
ERA
MVP

ERA's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm hoping we get some gameplay on the 20th. In another thread, aholbert32 said that all of the attendees of the event in Sweden signed an NDA and it expires on the 20th. I'll take anything.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk now Free

Chelsea FC

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »