Home

MLB 14 The Show: Starting a Franchise

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show: Starting a Franchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2014, 10:33 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB 14 The Show: Starting a Franchise

So you want to start a franchise in Sony’s MLB 14:The Show, but you not quite sure how? Well, it can be a daunting task to take over the control of a Major League team, not only on the field, but off the field as well. For those that are new to the experience, but have an interest, we are going to give some very basic tips to help get you started off on the right foot.

The obvious starting point is picking a team, whether that be your favorite team you follow, or a team that just seems interesting. Certain teams will be easier to use because of their Major League talent. Other teams, say the Cubs or Astros, not so much. Even though the Cubs and Astros currently field a less then competitive team in the Majors, both of their farm systems are loaded, and that could pay major dividends for the person who is looking to spend some serious time within a franchise. You can also choose to develop a team’s young players, or use them as part of a trade package, in hopes of securing some already proven talent. There are many ways to approach a franchise, but understand this, each style or philosophy has both positive and negative connotations.

Read More - MLB 14 The Show: Starting a Franchise
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2014, 02:51 PM   #2
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
I miss MLB 12: The Show's ownership options in Franchise mode. Sony streamlined MLB 13 and/or 14: The Show, which I suppose is better for casual players; however, I miss the depth of the old Franchise mode. The article is a nice guide for bringing new players into the game though.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:03 PM   #3
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: MLB 14 The Show: Starting a Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by asu666
I miss MLB 12: The Show's ownership options in Franchise mode. Sony streamlined MLB 13 and/or 14: The Show, which I suppose is better for casual players; however, I miss the depth of the old Franchise mode. The article is a nice guide for bringing new players into the game though.
Agreed. The Show's franchise mode has definitely been simplified over the years compared to the financial and fan base management that used to be required. I understand the reasoning for this, but without in-depth career stat or award tracking, this mode certainly leaves much to be desired as there is not much incentive to play over several years.

Certainly a good write up though and definitely helpful if you are new comer to the franchise. I would assume there must be many newcomers due to jumping from Xbox to Playstation with a next generation of consoles.
Old 05-19-2014, 05:18 PM   #4
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0
Failed to mention using OSFM. You say the Cubs and Astros have stacked farm systems but forget to mention to use OSFm or another roster to get the prospects
Old 05-19-2014, 07:06 PM   #5
Pro

scottyo60's Arena

OVR: 9
I've only done the OSFM roster and in a Cubs franchise . My last show as I've stated before was 10 and this still felt weird at first. People talking depth, I think we can all agree that baseball is overwhelmed with depth enough. I mean 40 man rosters, 25 total on your teams, picking who you want where etc. there's a lot that goes on.

One thing I'm not sure on is AI trade logic and placement. I got Appel in rule 5. There's a 90 percent chance that doesn't happen. Seems also the CPU has done some weird trades. I'm in 16 and I think Texeria has been traded around the league.

Out of curiosity, Benz who do you play with? I'm in 16 finally playing every game and having a blast. We are not even close to our peak yet. I've got plenty of years left in this thing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2014, 01:57 AM   #6
Banned

They need to bring the franchise that you controlled every thing,finances fixing tickets,merchandise sales,tv revenue,setting up promotions for games etc. They haven't had that in a couple years,I don't know why they stopped having that in franchise. I like it a lot! Was it because A. It wasn't very popular B. Nobody cared about or C. Was a lot of people haven't requested to bring it back? Or am I in the minority on this? They should do a franchise mode kinda like NBA 2k! I miss the home team newspapers. I don't know why they got rid of that as well. Or was it again people could care less about it? I love the rumor mill on NBA 2k!
Old 05-20-2014, 05:38 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by asu666
I switched from 360 to PS4 to play MLB 14. I much prefer in-depth franchsie modes, especially with ownership options involved! NBA 2K and Madden's franchise and career modes are quite in depth, and there's a lot to do, I just wished there was either something there in the franchise mode or another game mode just to give the game a bit more playability, especially come October, I'm going to be missing baseball
Old 05-20-2014, 09:29 AM   #8
Just started!

Money is an essential part of our life,without money we are nothing.When i
lost my job i was very depressed then my sister tell me about online jobs.she tell me that she
earns 11k a month,so i tell her that i am interested in it and after that day i am earning 88$ per hour.You can also earn,this is what i do..>>>>>>>> w*w**w*.*b*a*y*9*1*.*C*ℴ*M

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »