Home

EA Sports UFC Complete Roster and Arenas Revealed

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC Complete Roster and Arenas Revealed within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2014, 01:24 PM   #9
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: EA UFC 3 Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Biggest snubs for me are:

Barnett
Miocic
Woodley
Lombard
Matt Brown
Diego Sanchez
Grant
Dos Anjos
TJ Dillashaw
and
John Dodson

And to a lesser extent guys like
Struve
Mitrone
Tim Kennedy
Tim Boetsch
Erick Silva
Marquardt
Alves (which I can understand since he wasn't active until recently)
Myles Jury
Evan Dunham
Gomi
and
Max Holloway

There's still about 20-25 other guys that I'd love to see as well. The Edson Barboza, Micheal Johnson, Stephen Thompson, Bobby Green, etc of the world. Overall, I think it's a good list that can certainly be improved upon with DLC, however I'm hoping that the CAF system is up to par, so that I can get the experience that I want (that I need ) from this game.
I need at least 50 CAF slots. That plus the 10-15 DLC fighters will make it esy for me to get all of the fighers I need.
Old 05-20-2014, 01:24 PM   #10
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Biggest snub was Diego Sanchez.
Good catch. Forgot about Diego.
Old 05-20-2014, 01:46 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Biggest snub was Diego Sanchez.
I think Sanchez is in the game as well. This is a quote directly from the Submission Radio guys (They made this roster reveal video).

"SO......we used a voice recorder to go over and note everybody who was in the game...HOWEVER when I went over the recordings later on, I realised that we seemed to have skipped over the LW division. don't ask why, we just went full *. With the LW division i had to go off memory and in the recordings I only mentioned certain people who I was really surprised about such as KZ and Jose Aldo being in LW. This post reminded me that TJ GRANT IS IN THE GAME! I'm pretty sure Diego is too, but don't quote me on that. The other divisions are what they are. No Tyron Woodley, no hector, no Matt brown, no DHK etc.. The build that we played was 2 and a half weeks old, but 2 be honest I sincerely doubt that they added any characters in those last 2 weeks. "
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2014, 03:03 PM   #12
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Re: EA Sports UFC Complete Roster and Arenas Revealed

Happy about the number of arenas in the game but wish they wouldve replaced Honda Center with a European arena like 02 in London or a big stadium like Rogers Center. No need for two LA based arenas.
Old 05-20-2014, 03:06 PM   #13
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Not a UFC fan so I can't speak to any omissions, but for a fighting game this roster is huge. Biggest I've seen since Mortal Kombat Armageddon.
Old 05-20-2014, 03:26 PM   #14
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Not a UFC fan so I can't speak to any omissions, but for a fighting game this roster is huge. Biggest I've seen since Mortal Kombat Armageddon.
UFC undisputed 3's roster was bigger actually. But that can be forgiven if the game PLAYS well, and the video released today did not look that bad at all. trying to over extend combos led to fighters tiring temporarily, I hope doing that too often will drain permanent stamina as well.
Old 05-20-2014, 03:27 PM   #15
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
UFC 3 had about 130 UFC fighters that number includes the 15 they added as DLC. Also it didn't have the Flyweight and Women's division either, therefore each weightclass in UFC 3 had a lot more depth.

Those numbers also do not include the PRIDE roster which featured around another 24-25 fighters (not including the duplicates from the UFC roster). By my unofficial count UFC 3 had around 155 fighters whereas (also by my unofficial count) EA UFC has around 97-98 (not including DLC additions, of course).

Since there is no PRIDE mode and we're strictly talking about the UFC, then that's about 30-33 less fighters in 2 more divisions. While it is somewhat disappointing, I can't be too upset since it's their first iteration.

I'm just hoping that a) the CAF is decent and b) that they churn out plenty of new fighters via DLC. I know some people don't care about the lower level fighters because they mainly play online and use the best guys or their CAF's. However, with the way I play the bigger the roster the better. I don't care if their adding some of the lowest of the low guys with DLC. I'll be in full on "Shut Up and Take My Money" mode just so I can round out my roster.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2014, 03:51 PM   #16
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
UFC 3 had about 130 UFC fighters that number includes the 15 they added as DLC. Also it didn't have the Flyweight and Women's division either, therefore each weightclass in UFC 3 had a lot more depth.

Those numbers also do not include the PRIDE roster which featured around another 24-25 fighters (not including the duplicates from the UFC roster). By my unofficial count UFC 3 had around 155 fighters whereas (also by my unofficial count) EA UFC has around 97-98 (not including DLC additions, of course).

Since there is no PRIDE mode and we're strictly talking about the UFC, then that's about 30-33 less fighters in 2 more divisions. While it is somewhat disappointing, I can't be too upset since it's their first iteration.

I'm just hoping that a) the CAF is decent and b) that they churn out plenty of new fighters via DLC. I know some people don't care about the lower level fighters because they mainly play online and use the best guys or their CAF's. However, with the way I play the bigger the roster the better. I don't care if their adding some of the lowest of the low guys with DLC. I'll be in full on "Shut Up and Take My Money" mode just so I can round out my roster.
I think it will be as long as there are enough slots. I have both EA MMA and UFC3 and I preferred EA MMA solely because of gameface. Some fighters were impossible to recreate because of the limitation of THQ's CAF system. I will miss the logo share that you could use to make tattoos though. I have a really accurate Fabricio Werdum with all of his tattoos in UFC 3.

I'd expect anywhere from 5-10 DLC fighters. More if people buy a ton.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »