Home

MLB 14 The Show: Which Pitching/Hitting Control Interface is the Most Realistic?

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show: Which Pitching/Hitting Control Interface is the Most Realistic? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2014, 05:55 PM   #17
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: MLB 14 The Show: Which Pitching/Hitting Control Interface is the Most Realistic?

I roll with Classic/Timing because I don't need my admittedly lousy stick and reaction skills determining how good my Yankees are!

The more human factors removed the better for me!
Old 05-20-2014, 06:04 PM   #18
Pro

jtott's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
I roll with Classic/Timing because I don't need my admittedly lousy stick and reaction skills determining how good my Yankees are!

That's what I meant to say ... well put .
GO CARDS!
Old 05-20-2014, 07:06 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 14 The Show: Which Pitching/Hitting Control Interface is the Most Realistic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains

But then, where is the point in playing videogames if you remove the part where your skills are decisive?
Old 05-20-2014, 07:15 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Pulse pitching for me. I use to be a meter guy but it got to the point where I rarely missed my spot. Seems easier to get the timing down with meter. With meter I was constantly hitting my spots with sub par pitchers.With pulse pitching I have to focus on each pitch (yet not to much, it does a good job of replicating "trying to hard"). I've been using pulse for about 2 or 3 years now and I still occasionally miss my spot at a realistic rate.

Batting I still use timing as that is the setup which I feel is most ratings dependent.

There are two ways to approach realism -- through results or by feel. I am more of a results guy
Old 05-20-2014, 07:47 PM   #21
Pr*

Joey's Arena

OVR: 15

Um, because it's STILL a video game. It still takes timing and pitch recognition. Regardless of the controls you use, we're all still playing a video game because this is as close as we will get to playing MLB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battman
But then, where is the point in playing videogames if you remove the part where your skills are decisive?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2014, 08:40 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 19
zone plus analog batting and analog pitching. only thing I wish is that we could turn off the pitching meter for analog pitching.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:47 PM   #23
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

It depends how you define realism. If you define it by stats purely and getting the most realistic results with less input from the user then it is classic/pulse pitching with timing hitting.

If it is by feel then it probably the PS move or analog/zone analog.

Personally, I don't really feel like analog makes me feel like I am swinging in a bat IRL or throwing nor does any other interface, but some do feel that way.

I use Zone or Zone+Analog for hitting along with Meter for pitching, because I like having the most input in my gameplay. The games still play out realistic to me and I use Legend hitting, so it stays challenging. If I miss a pitch to hit I want it to be my fault and not randomness or only attribute based.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
zone plus analog batting and analog pitching. only thing I wish is that we could turn off the pitching meter for analog pitching.
You can move the interface on your camera, so you could theoretically move the interface off the screen. Well this was in the game for 13...haven't checked for 14.

Last edited by cardinalbird5; 05-20-2014 at 08:49 PM.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:48 PM   #24
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20
"I roll with Classic/Timing because I don't need my admittedly lousy stick and reaction skills determining how good my Yankees are!

The more human factors removed the better for me!"

Same here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »