Home

MLB 14 The Show Development Team Q&A with Senior A.I. Programmer at 2:00PT, May 21st

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Development Team Q&A with Senior A.I. Programmer at 2:00PT, May 21st within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2014, 05:54 PM   #17
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 14 The Show Development Team Q&A with Senior A.I. Programmer at 2:00PT, May 2

Lighting in Busch may have been fixed in v1.06, pretty sure I heard that at the beginning.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:04 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: MLB 14 The Show Development Team Q&A with Senior A.I. Programmer at 2:00PT, May 2

Archive here: http://www.twitch.tv/mlbtheshowdevsd/b/530906190
Old 05-21-2014, 06:20 PM   #19
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
2 new things I learned from this cast:

Hot/Cold zones have no effect if the graphic is turned off (I'm pretty sure I heard that right)

Clutch ratings (hitting/pitching) have more effect in sims and not so much during actual gameplay.

Thanks guys!
This makes me wonder if I should try using the hot/cold zones. I never have. Do you Bcruise?
Old 05-21-2014, 06:30 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
This makes me wonder if I should try using the hot/cold zones. I never have. Do you Bcruise?
Yeah, I do. Usually have em on Preview (only shows on the first pitch of an at-bat).

You play with the strike zone off though, right? I'm not sure if they show up visually before the at-bat even when the option is turned on.

Last edited by bcruise; 05-21-2014 at 06:35 PM.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:35 PM   #21
Rookie

duc748s's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains

As a pitcher or hitter?

I know you ment this for bcruise... I use them as a pitcher and hitter and they are hit and miss. They are great to know where a hitter is hot while pitching but they are based on past performance. A hot zone can go cold and cold can get hot, so it's hit and miss for me. But if I see a batter that had blue on the inside portion I know I can get him inside for a SO or jammed/weak contact. Or if he is hot outside and I feel ornery I can try to get him with something trailing off the outside off the plate.

I use it mostly because there is not batter/pitcher history or batter history that shows what pitches he likes to hit and where, basically it's the next beat thing that's available that can be used for now.

Try it out on fade as it will only show for the first pitch then fade and won't show up on other pitches of the at bat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2014, 06:49 PM   #22
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Yeah, I do. Usually have em on Preview (only shows on the first pitch of an at-bat).

You play with the strike zone off though, right? I'm not sure if they show up visually before the at-bat even when the option is turned on.
No. I have the zone itself on preview but I turned hot/cold zones off (I always do this).

You know what kind of "fun" H&V has on Wednesday nights? If you guessed I'll be going home and turning them back on you'd be right!

I love testing new things!
Old 05-21-2014, 07:14 PM   #23
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Thanks and FYI the first 20 min or so is just technical difficulties...can fast forward to about the 21:15 mark and not miss anything.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:22 PM   #24
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

I guess I won't spend any RTTS points on clutch since I don't sim. Good to know!

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators

Last edited by aukevin; 05-21-2014 at 07:29 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »