Home

MLB 14 The Show: Little Issues Hampering the Fun

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show: Little Issues Hampering the Fun within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2014, 03:39 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB 14 The Show: Little Issues Hampering the Fun

When it comes to the total package, MLB 14 The Show is one of the top games of the year. However, despite what is an overall solid package, the title is held back slightly by a host of small issues which add up to an actual loss of some of the fun factor within the game.

Read More - MLB 14 The Show: Little Issues Hampering the Fun
Platform: PS3 / PS Vita / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2014, 03:46 PM   #2
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

OVR: 0
The contact swing might be a little overpowered, but people just trying to make contact hit HRs every night. I don't spend the time customizing so I don't know those pains. Also, I switched to fast play after day 1. I just want to play the game, not spend most my time in menus.

In all, I haven't found anything that hampers the fun for me. I'm sure many others feel the same and many others feel otherwise.

Last edited by SVCbearcat10; 05-22-2014 at 03:49 PM.
Old 05-22-2014, 03:54 PM   #3
Pro

ferriscj24's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: MLB 14 The Show: Little Issues Hampering the Fun

FANTASTIC GAME, first of all!

CPU bunting in RTTS is totally bizzare. Just two quick examples...

Matt Kemp in a full count and 2 outs.
Jason Heyward 0-2 count with bases loaded

Both outs, of course.

Last edited by ferriscj24; 05-22-2014 at 03:59 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-22-2014, 03:54 PM   #4
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Increasing pick-off success? Decreasing steal success? Reducing my BA by under powering contact swing success?

That's a patch I would not download!

Games are funny sometimes. People seeing different things and all...
Old 05-22-2014, 04:24 PM   #5
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

For me it's those odd black face/speckled faces I am seeing in Spring Training games. It's incredibly ugly to look at, though I hear this is only an issue in ST and with SCEA players. But, still...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2014, 04:27 PM   #6
Banned

Mets1986's Arena

It's an interesting Thread because i think everybodies going to to have their "own" particular issues. It's strange, i'm REALLY trying to make 14 my main Baseball game, but i keep going back to 13.

It's a weird thing, but not only for what the OP mentioned (although he's on PS4, but PS3 is dealing with some of these same issues) with the cutscenes and choppiness, but the game just feels "too fast".

I mean the sensitivity on the controller is just too much for me. That may be the reason why people are having problems with their Strides, Baserunning and Reaction on Analog.

I thought it was all in my mind, until i put on 13 and was pulling all the balls WAY to the left (as a right handed batter). 13 just has more "restraint" on the joystick, where i think you get more control.

It just makes it feel more "solid" where 14 even with buttons in the menu, it just seems i can just put my finger over it, without pressing it, and puts me thru to the prompt. They're just too sensitive. I guess a "controller sensitivity" prompt would solve these issues, but that's never gonna happen.

Of course my team not having their home uniform is a BIG issue for me on 14, but i like to play as other teams as well.

The thing that makes 14 useful for me is "player lock". That alone was worth 60 dollars for me. I never got involved with Franchise before, and because of that feature, i am now.

I don't play Online (but pity those who do given the circumstances) so that's no big deal for me.

I don't know, i'm just caught between two games, and maybe that's not a bad thing. It just never happened to me before with a Sports Game..
Old 05-22-2014, 04:50 PM   #7
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

I agree about the base running with multiple runners. Other baseball games are much simpler.

Sent
Old 05-22-2014, 05:03 PM   #8
MVP

I agree with everything in this list except for steals being too easy. I find the balance to be just right on stealing bases. I hope all of these issues can be addressed in a patch especially the frame rate. The game would look so much better if the frame rate & screen tear/flickering was ironed out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »