Home

FIFA 14 Ultimate Team: World Cup Update & FIFA World Cup Kick-Off Mode Coming May 29

This is a discussion on FIFA 14 Ultimate Team: World Cup Update & FIFA World Cup Kick-Off Mode Coming May 29 within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-23-2014, 09:12 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
FIFA 14 Ultimate Team: World Cup Update & FIFA World Cup Kick-Off Mode Coming May 29

A free FIFA 14 Ultimate Team: World Cup update arrives for all consoles and PC on May 29th (check out the trailer here). The free update will feature a separate mode within FIFA Ultimate Team. They have included all 32 National Team crests, National Team kits, the official adidas Brazuca match ball, the Estadio do Maracana.

If you are not a fan of the FIFA Ultimate Team mode, PS4 and Xbox One gamers can grab the FIFA World Cup Kick-Off mode as a free update May 29th as well.

Read the full press release and FAQ below.

The 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ Experience Comes to FIFA 14’s Most Popular Game Mode

EA SPORTS™ 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ Kick Off Mode Coming to PS4™ and Xbox One®

Electronic Arts Inc. today announced EA SPORTS™ FIFA 14 Ultimate Team: World Cup, a free^ experience that brings the excitement of the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ to FIFA 14’s most popular game mode. The World Cup addition for FIFA 14 Ultimate Team will be available on May 29 for PC, the Xbox 360® videogame and entertainment system, Xbox One®, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and PlayStation®4 via an automatic online update^ to FIFA 14.

FIFA 14 Ultimate Team: World Cup, a separate mode within FIFA Ultimate Team (FUT), lets players build their ultimate squad of players from all 32 National Teams attending this summer’s tournament in Brazil. FUT World Cup features all 32 National Team crests, the official adidas® Brazuca match ball, National Team kits, the Estadio do Marcana stadium, and all new look and feel within FIFA 14 Ultimate Team.

Players can improve their team to make them tournament contenders by acquiring new players and consumables from special Packs in the FIFA 14 Ultimate Team: World Cup Store. Every FUT World Cup Pack includes a free Gold Pack available for use in the traditional FIFA 14 Ultimate Team experience.

FIFA 14 Ultimate Team fans will also have the chance to write football history. With Online and Single Player tournament modes, players can compete through the group stage and knockout phases in order to win the FIFA World Cup. By winning matches, players will earn in-game virtual coins that can be used to acquire packs in the FIFA 14 Ultimate Team: World Cup Store to strengthen their squad. Fans can increase squad chemistry by finding and playing with players from the same country or governing confederation.

In conjunction with the FIFA 14 Ultimate Team: World Cup update, a FIFA World Cup Kick Off mode will be available as part of the May 29 automatic download^ for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. All 32 National Teams competing in 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil, the Estadio do Maracana, and the official match ball will be available for fans playing on Xbox One or PS4.

Frequently Asked Questions

Which platforms is FUT World Cup available on?

FIFA 14 Ultimate Team World Cup is available as a free update to EA SPORTS FIFA 14 on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PC on May 29, 2014.

How much does FIFA Ultimate Team World Cup cost?

FIFA 14 Ultimate Team World Cup will be available as a free update to FIFA 14.

How can I add new players to my squad?

Players can be added to your squad by buying packs with FIFA Points or coins in the FUT World Cup Store. You’ll also be awarded coins and packs as you progress through the World Cup.

Can I trade my players in FUT World Cup mode?

No. To keep the tournament experience authentic, items from FIFA 14 Ultimate Team World Cup are unique, untradeable, and can only be found in World Cup packs. However, you’ll receive one free Gold pack in FUT 14 for every pack purchased in FUT World Cup.

Will I be able to manage multiple squads?

In FUT World Cup, you will manage a single squad and lead them to World Cup glory. However, you can keep more players than the 23 available in your squad. Simply search your Club to add them to your squad.

Will my Club players from FIFA 14 Ultimate Team be available in FUT World Cup?

No. To keep the FUT World Cup as authentic as possible, you won’t be able to bring your current squads to the FUT World Cup. This is a completely separate experience, with no need to worry about your existing FUT squad.

Will I be able to use my coins from FIFA 14 Ultimate Team in FUT WC, and vice versa?

Yes, you can use your FUT 14 coins and FIFA Points in FUT World Cup to purchase packs from the FUT World Cup Store.

Will my FUT WC players be available in FIFA 14 Ultimate Team?

No. Players found in FUT World Cup will only be available in the World Cup mode.

Will FUT World Cup player ratings be the same as FUT 14?

Some players in FUT World Cup will feature ratings different than FUT 14.

Will these new FUT WOrld Cup player ratings be carried on into the future?

At this time, player ratings in FUT World Cup have been created for this new mode only.

Will FUT WC have Man of the Match items?

Man of the Match items will exist in FUT 14, outside of the World Cup experience. However, once a player receives a MOTM, his attribute boosts will be updated in your FUT World Cup club.

Will teams and players not participating in the World Cup appear in FUT World Cup?

No, only players from the teams attending the FIFA World Cup will appear in FUT World Cup.

Can I play a friend online?

No, Play-a-Friend mode is not available in FUT World Cup. Instead, players can compete in the full 32-team FIFA World Cup tournament mode both online and offline.

Can I access FUT WC from the Web App or Mobile Companion App?

No. FUT World Cup can only be accessed from your retail copy of FIFA 14.

How will chemistry work in FUT World Cup?

Players can build team chemistry by linking up with other players from the same country or confederation (Europe, South America, Africa, etc).

Source - EA Sports

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Steve_OS; 05-23-2014 at 09:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2014, 11:55 AM   #2
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10
All 32 WC teams coming to Next Gen!

Looks like there will be an update to add all teams and match ball to NG Fifa. As someone who purchased a PS4 expecting a WC Fifa, I'm pretty happy with the news. If they add official uniforms I would be ecstatic. I don't play FUT, so I'm really hoping we gets some new unis. Wording was a bit clunky, buy it sounds promising.
Old 05-23-2014, 12:35 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Here is the abridged version of the FAQ...

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. How much does FIFA Ultimate Team World Cup cost?

A. We're giving it away FREE because we're going to charge you for everything else.

Q. How can I add new players to my squad?

A. We want your money and you will have to buy packs.

Q. Can I trade my players in FUT World Cup mode?

A. No. To keep the tournament experience authentic, we want your money and you will have to buy packs.

Q. Will I be able to manage multiple squads?

A. No that sounds like too much fun and to keep this an authentic EA experience we refuse to give you what you want.

Q. Will my Club players from FIFA 14 Ultimate Team be available in FUT World Cup?

A. No. All that money and time you spent collecting potential WC players for each nation cannot be used. And did we mention we want your money and you will have to buy packs.

Q. Will I be able to use my coins from FIFA 14 Ultimate Team in FUT WC, and vice versa?

A. Yes, but we encourage you to just buy as many packs as possible.

Q. Will my FUT WC players be available in FIFA 14 Ultimate Team?

A. No, because again that sounds like too much fun and to keep this an authentic EA experience we refuse to give you what you want.

Q. Will FUT World Cup player ratings be the same as FUT 14?

A. Only the 7 versions of Zlatan, Messi, Ronaldo and maybe Bale will have different player ratings.

Q. Will these new FUT World Cup player ratings be carried on into the future?

A. No. To keep this an authentic EA experience we refuse to give you what you want.

Q. Will FUT WC have Man of the Match items?

A. Of course. And to keep this an authentic EA experience we want your money and you will have to buy 100 packs to MAYBE get a Man of the Match item.

Q. Will teams and players not participating in the World Cup appear in FUT World Cup?

A. No, sorry Landon Donovan is still not going to Brazil even though you had hoped to at least play him in video game form. However, Jurgen Klinsmann will available in card form so there is that...

Q. Can I play a friend online?

A. No, because to keep this an authentic EA experience we refuse to give you what you want.

Q. Can I access FUT WC from the Web App or Mobile Companion App?

A. No, because again that sounds really convenient and obvious but to keep this an authentic EA experience we refuse to give you what you want.

Q. How will chemistry work in FUT World Cup?

A. We want your money and you will have to buy packs and I mean A LOT of packs in order for the players from the same nation to boost your chemistry.

Enjoy your World Cup experience on next gen consoles... it's gonna cost you.
Old 05-23-2014, 01:20 PM   #4
MVP

Re: All 32 WC teams coming to Next Gen!

Will there be a tournament mode? They didn't really make it clear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2014, 01:52 PM   #5
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: All 32 WC teams coming to Next Gen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDgolf
Will there be a tournament mode? They didn't really make it clear

Do you mean World Cup style? If so then yes on offline and I don't remember if online has it too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2014, 01:54 PM   #6
MVP

Re: FIFA 14 Ultimate Team: World Cup Update & FIFA World Cup Kick-Off Mode Coming May

Wow that's cool! Didn't expect that. Thought it was only a one match at a time thing.

Old 05-23-2014, 03:38 PM   #7
Rookie

Pretty pumped about this, especially after learning World Cup 14 wasnt coming out on next gen. Cant wait for offline mode, World Cup style. If all of the unis are updated then that's just icing on the cake. Even though I was a huge fan of WC South Africa, I couldnt bring myself to purchase WC Brazil due to it being only on old gen consoles. Oh, and eff FUT. EA already has my $60 for this game and that's all they're getting.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:33 PM   #8
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: FIFA 14 Ultimate Team: World Cup Update & FIFA World Cup Kick-Off Mode Coming May

So nothing about "Kick-Off" mode other than it is for people who "Don't play #FUT?". It will be interesting to see how much freedom they give non FUT players to setup matches and a tournament with the WC teams. Hopefully it is more open ended to customization and isn't just some limited mode where it allows us to play preset matches based on the actual matches for that day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »