Home

EA Sports UFC Will Not Be an Annual Title, Plenty of Free DLC Roster Updates Coming

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC Will Not Be an Annual Title, Plenty of Free DLC Roster Updates Coming within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2014, 09:57 AM   #9
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: EA Sports UFC Will Not Be an Annual Title, Plenty of Free DLC Roster Updates Comi

Free roster updates = awesome

As far as not being an annual release I'm a bit disappointed, especially since this game is going to be a bit bare bones, both in and out of the octagon. I would almost prefer that they delay the release for another few months so they can add things like an Fighter Share, Event Mode, the option to adjust game speed, Doctor Stoppages, the ability to catch kicks, etc.

I mean, I'm certainly ready for another UFC game. However, I'm looking for one that can rival the time I had with UFC 3 and unless this one completely knocks my socks off with it's gameplay, then I don't know if it's going to get the play time that I spent with UFC 3..... And if it doesn't then I'm in for another looonnng wait.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 05-27-2014, 10:19 AM   #10
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: EA Sports UFC Will Not Be an Annual Title, Plenty of Free DLC Roster Updates Comi

UFC 3 was great and has had excellent longevity, but now it's time for a new king, and hopefully EA UFC will be it.

I can't see TJ being in on day one but hopefully not long after.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Old 05-27-2014, 11:56 AM   #11
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
UFC 3 was great and has had excellent longevity, but now it's time for a new king, and hopefully EA UFC will be it.

I can't see TJ being in on day one but hopefully not long after.

Since Hayes mentioned him specifically, I'll put him in at a 85% chance he's a day one DLC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2014, 03:08 PM   #12
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8

Definitely excited for this game, almost as much excitement as The Show brought with it, at least for me....but it is missing some key elements of MMA that most in-depth fans will notice are missing and will be very displeased waiting 2 years for.

Functions such as performing feints, catching strikes, standing submissions, doctor/cut stoppages, and fighter share are definitely elements that should be key to any MMA game. For me, the inability to perform any type of feint is the biggest eye-opener, especially since this is a very fundamental aspect of any combat sport, let alone MMA. I utilized this greatly in UFC Undisputed 3, and it will definitely feel like a key aspect of game play is missing without the ability to feint.

Last edited by Benz87; 05-27-2014 at 03:13 PM.
Old 05-27-2014, 03:18 PM   #13
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Free roster updates = awesome

As far as not being an annual release I'm a bit disappointed, especially since this game is going to be a bit bare bones, both in and out of the octagon. I would almost prefer that they delay the release for another few months so they can add things like an Fighter Share, Event Mode, the option to adjust game speed, Doctor Stoppages, the ability to catch kicks, etc.

I mean, I'm certainly ready for another UFC game. However, I'm looking for one that can rival the time I had with UFC 3 and unless this one completely knocks my socks off with it's gameplay, then I don't know if it's going to get the play time that I spent with UFC 3..... And if it doesn't then I'm in for another looonnng wait.
Fighter share was a legal decision. They didn't want to have to monitor peiple posting licensed enteties likenesses like Rocky Balboa, Floyd Mayweather, and rival orgs Fighters. And have to keep taking them down so they don't get sued.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:33 PM   #14
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

That's a bogus excuse. I can go on FNC and download Mayweather, Balboa, etc with no problem. They can't do anything to someone that creates a guy in the game, since EA didn't license him and had nothing to do with it.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:50 AM   #15
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule
That's a bogus excuse. I can go on FNC and download Mayweather, Balboa, etc with no problem. They can't do anything to someone that creates a guy in the game, since EA didn't license him and had nothing to do with it.
They shouldn't be able to do anything about someone making a CAF but I don't think they want to open themselves up to the potential of legal action in the future.

It's a safe, if a bit of an unpopular decision which I think will make sense.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2014, 11:42 PM   #16
FA

Factzzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
They shouldn't be able to do anything about someone making a CAF but I don't think they want to open themselves up to the potential of legal action in the future.

It's a safe, if a bit of an unpopular decision which I think will make sense.

No way that's true, the MLB the Show team doesn't have the licence for minor league players, so all of the minor league players are fake generated guys.

But there is a roster vault, and every year guys on OS make a roster with all of the real life minor league players and upload it to the vault. No problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »