Home

EA Sports UFC Strategic Submission Battles Blog & Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate Video

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC Strategic Submission Battles Blog & Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate Video within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2014, 03:19 PM   #17
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: EA Sports UFC Strategic Submission Battles Blog & Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate Vi

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
How would you do that though?

How would the average person know that a triangle or RNC is getting close to finish by just looking at a player model?
Hey, I know..... BBTS

Spoiler

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 05-28-2014, 03:33 PM   #18
MVP

woody2goody's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: EA Sports UFC Strategic Submission Battles Blog & Ronda Rousey vs. Miesha Tate Vi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I don't want it strickly ratings & stamina based, but definitely without the HUD. That's one of the ugliest, most distracting I've seen.

That's enough to make me pass on this.

I've been saying this all last gen. It's even more puzzling now. With graphics & animations as good as they are, why not rely on the player models for this, stamina & damage?
Just curious to know why a HUD of all things would stop you buying a game? Do you not want to see if the system works first?

My opinion but it seems a bit trivial.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Old 05-28-2014, 03:40 PM   #19
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Hey, I know..... BBTS

Spoiler
LOL. Stop please Stop. I hated the shine.
Old 05-28-2014, 04:06 PM   #20
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

The shine jacked up my analog sticks something serious. Glad to see that not being part of this game. The new submission system seems alright to me, but I guess I won't really know until I have my hands on the game.
Old 05-28-2014, 04:09 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
The shine jacked up my analog sticks something serious. Glad to see that not being part of this game. The new submission system seems alright to me, but I guess I won't really know until I have my hands on the game.
Not just my sticks but also my palm. Palm blisters were the real deal in UFC 2009/10 lol I don't remember which it was.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2014, 04:37 PM   #22
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
How would you do that though?

How would the average person know that a triangle or RNC is getting close to finish by just looking at a player model?
Close to finish? I don't know. Fighters tap at different levels of pain.

But this system seems more about when the submission hold is "locked in". I'm not the biggest MMA fan, so I'd consider myself the average person. For a RNC, I know when the hand on the choke arm is clasped over the opposite arm/bicep and the choke arm is under the chin, the chokee is all but done, less a very slick escape. Why not use that? Choke arm over the chin, choker trying to get under the chin, chokee trying to keep his chin tucked and/or turning towards the bicep. Choker trying to lock his hand over his bicep, chokee pulling at that hand.

They could use that same timing mechanic and apply it to the fighter's body parts instead of the HUD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody2goody
Just curious to know why a HUD of all things would stop you buying a game? Do you not want to see if the system works first?

My opinion but it seems a bit trivial.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Whether it works or not is not my issue. HUDs remove me from the game. They're distracting. I have to watch it instead of the characters.

And they're ugly & intrusive.

When you watched that vid, were you looking at the HUD or the fighters? Or was your concentration going back & forth between the 2? Now imagine having to use the mechanic and the concentration that will take. How much attention could you pay to the fighters then?

Actually, I'm not sure your answers matter. You can either pay equal attention to both or watching a HUD doesn't bother you. For me, with the graphics and animations as good as they are, I'd prefer not being destracted from the reason I'm playing the game.
Old 05-28-2014, 05:12 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 1

I'd rather have a HUD than the overblown model effects that would be required to transmit the information that you need to fight effectively. A fighter knows "hey my arm hurts," there's no way for you to know that unless there's a HUD or they make the arm behave unrealistically.
Old 05-28-2014, 05:15 PM   #24
Rookie

godylla's Arena

OVR: 4

I think a HUD is necessary, but I think the movements should be related to either escaping or sinking in the submission. So for a choke, if your arm is across the chin, you should want to go down with the stick to get your arm under the chin to lock up the choke. Whereas the guy blocking the choke should want to go anywhere but down to try to escape. I'm not sure if I did a very good job explaining what I am trying to get across, but hopefully it made sense.

"Don't give up, don't ever give up."
- Jimmy V.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »