Home

EA Sports UFC Info Round-Up

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC Info Round-Up within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2014, 12:46 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
EA Sports UFC Info Round-Up

The past couple of days have featured an absolute barrage of EA Sports UFC info from several sources around the web. We spent some time this morning compiling some of the info from various sources to get you up to speed on what EA's UFC debut is bringing to the table.

Quick Info

- The first big piece of news is that UFC will be a title released every 18+ months. Due to that, fighters which should be in the game will eventually make it in, whether they will be paid or free is completely up to EA.

- The graphics are the real deal. Most fighters will have their authentic entrances and all of the elements you expect around the Octagon are there, from the ring girls, Joe Rogan, Dana White, etc.

- Stamina is the same for both sped and real-time clock speeds — you’ll certainly notice fighters slowing down in the later rounds. Also, the stamina factors within just timing punches and moves are important to take into consideration. Each opponent felt sufficiently different, with better opponents having more skills to utilize and the more stamina’d fighters being much better in later rounds vs. fighters with less stamina.

- The ground game reportedly feels a bit like EA Sports MMA, but with the stalls and reversals there is a layer of complexity that wasn’t there in the previous titles.

- Reach may play a bigger part, several guys reported that it seemed easier to get out of the way of smaller reach fighters if you had a longer reach — but will need more gameplay time to discern fully.

- Takedowns are far from automatic and require real strategy to set up.

- It will be very easy to gas yourself if you spam the punch buttons. While lightweights will be faster, they aren’t overly fast like many saw in gameplay trailers.

- The submissions system requires you to focus and follow the moves of your opponent in order to keep them from escaping the submission. People are reporting this is sometimes a very fast paced game within the game and not a long and drawn out struggle many had feared.

- Created fighters have 41 total faces (no facial sliders), 25 hair-styles, 11 eye brows, 16 facial hair styles, and 5 body hair styles. Not the full customization we can get in a game like WWE, but still pretty solid.

Quick Links
Impressions from Ultimate Fighting Federation
EA Sports Blog on Strategic Submission Battles
Hands-On Impressions With EA Sports UFC (GoodGameBro)
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2014, 01:14 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
This week has been so exciting with all the news and visuals. STOKED!
Old 05-28-2014, 01:38 PM   #3
Rookie

jaredsmith83's Arena

This game is looking better now that they're finally releasing more info. I don't think I was alone when I was beginning to worry seeing as how little information we were getting. Having the Ultimate Fighter in there makes the career stand out. There are a few omissions, but to me, that's to be expected in its next gen debut. Hopefully they do live up to their claims of a fairly consistent stream of DLC. Good job, EA. As of this moment, my hats off to you.
Old 05-28-2014, 02:46 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 33
I was thinking of picking up this game to have a bit of fun with it. However having seen the complex Controls I may give it a miss. I just don't see myself investing enough time in the game in order to nail the various moves required. A simplified set of Controls would of been nice for the casual fan such as myself.
Old 05-28-2014, 02:49 PM   #5
Rookie

godylla's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: EA Sports UFC Info Round-Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
I was thinking of picking up this game to have a bit of fun with it. However having seen the complex Controls I may give it a miss. I just don't see myself investing enough time in the game in order to nail the various moves required. A simplified set of Controls would of been nice for the casual fan such as myself.
That's fair, but there is supposed to be a demo dropping a week or two (or so we speculate) before release. I would suggest giving it a try, as complex as it sounds, for me it was quite easy to catch onto after a couple fights with the first UFC THQ game.

"Don't give up, don't ever give up."
- Jimmy V.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2014, 05:16 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 1

That's disappointing about the CAF variety potential. Doesn't look like we'll be able to add any missing fighters until EA puts out the official ones.

Gameplay sounds great though.
Old 05-28-2014, 06:51 PM   #7
Banned

HOW MANY CAF SLOTS THOUGH!!?!??!

Better be hundreds is all i'm sayin.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:11 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
Controls don't seem that complex. Geez,nobody wants to try anymore. "Oh,I can't do that move by pressing the A button?" "The heck with that, I ain't buying."

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »