Home

MLB 14 The Show: Road to the Show Better Than Ever

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show: Road to the Show Better Than Ever within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2014, 07:49 PM   #9
MVP

KMRblue1027's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 14 The Show: Road to the Show Better Than Ever

Until the fix the pitching in the showcase playing as a starter is pointless.

PS4 Games:
Battlefield 4
MLB: The Show (Duh)
Destiny
Old 05-28-2014, 08:20 PM   #10
Rookie

tmoney51691's Arena

OVR: 1
This is the first time since 2006 that I've played RTTS because I was on the Xbox 360 last generation. It was the first game I got for my PS4, and boy am I addicted! I can sit there for hours at a time playing. I keep telling myself this will be the night I dabble in franchise mode some more, but I always end up playing RTTS.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:46 PM   #11
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils14
How is it playing catcher in the game? Do you still have to call every pitch? Or can you just do fielding plays like bunts, pop ups etc?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Not every batter .. depends on the situation, maybe 8-10 a game. That's just a guess but definitely better than before. Plus you get the bunt/pop ups.

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2014, 12:40 AM   #12
Pro

rynecandy's Arena

OVR: 8
Your age at the draft can knock you down? I haven't seen a YT video, where a RTTS didn't get drafted higher the 2nd time around. Usually they perform better (because of higher ratings), so I can't tell if age would be a hinder in the game. Has anyone experienced going back to school and performing better in the Showcase but drafted lower?
Old 05-29-2014, 07:37 AM   #13
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynecandy
Your age at the draft can knock you down? I haven't seen a YT video, where a RTTS didn't get drafted higher the 2nd time around. Usually they perform better (because of higher ratings), so I can't tell if age would be a hinder in the game. Has anyone experienced going back to school and performing better in the Showcase but drafted lower?
I have been drafted lower after going back, but it was when I first got the game and was messing around with it. My RTTS that I am doing now I didn't go back to school and was drafted 12th in the first round.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:47 AM   #14
Rookie

I wish I split the Gamestop 30, 000 points between 2 or so players. I used it all on a created Yankees 3rd Baseman. After 6 week in Trenton (AA) I wa called up to NY. Just hit a walk-off homer last night and started hooting and hollering. lotta fun!!!
Old 05-29-2014, 10:58 AM   #15
Pro

bfindeisen's Arena

OVR: 11

I haven't started an RTTS player this year, which is strange for me. I'm really hoping they've fixed the legacy problems with the CPU strategy in RTTS. Specifically, the amount and timing of the bunts for the CPU. In the past (at least 3) iterations, the CPU would have ridiculously bad bunting logic (bunting with 2 strikes, bunting with RISP with 2 outs, bunting with big time power hitters) and this really killed the mode for me. There is nothing worse than being in big game and a clutch moment and the CPU just gives away outs by randomly bunting in horrible situations with their best players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2014, 11:42 AM   #16
Banned

I was really disappointed in RTTS, sure the goals and draft process are way better, but it is the same dull, shallow grind with zero personality, franchsie also suffers from this. I dont feel a part of a league, I have no control over anything, money is useless..Why if I want a trade, and I am a superstar do tey never listen? Why cannot I sign endorsements deals? why dont I get tweets from fans/family based on my play? Newspaper articles.? This games needs a fresh coat of paint. Dont get me wrong I LOVE the show, gameplay is great, but does anyone else feel everything else feels so stale?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »