Home

MLB 14 The Show OSFM Hybrid Roster - V1 Release

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show OSFM Hybrid Roster - V1 Release within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 06:06 PM   #369
Rookie

jmurphy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 14 The Show OSFM Hybrid Roster - V1 Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullsFan91
Sorry for the long list. There's no major overhauls needed, but I was in depth because I wanted to provide reasons why I think the changes should be made. I didn't want to give the generic "Boost player X, his ratings are way too low." Most of the changes are minor and I made them myself on my roster file. It took about 20 minutes or so to make these changes, so it's not as long as it looks.

Chicago White Sox

SP

-Jose Quintana's potential is a tad too low at 80. 82-85 seems better. He looks like our number 2 of the future and we just locked him up to a 5-year extension.

-Felipe Paulino should be in A since he's on the DL. A ratings drop is probably warranted too. He's terrible and has been for years.

-Eric Surkamp's potential is probably too high at 76. Low 70's seems more accurate.

-Andre Rienzo's potential is too low at 67. Mid 70's is better. His ratings could use a boost all around. He's rated lower than Paulino, who was horrible and the player he replaced. He's been really good, so a low 70's rating is probably accurate.

-Chris Bassitt should be in A since he's on the DL.

-Hector Noesi should be number 48.

-Scott Carroll should be in MLB and number 67.

-Chris Beck should be in AA.

-Brad Goldberg should be in A and a RP.

-Tyler Danish's potential is too low at 77. 81-83 seems more accurate. He's one of our top prospects and has been dominant in the minors.

-Adam Lopez should be in A and a RP.

-Myles Jaye should be in A and his potential should be boosted a touch to the high 60's-low 70's.

-Francellis Montas should be in A.

-Charlie Leesman should be in AAA and his potential should be lowered to the high 60's.

-Braulio Ortiz should be in A and his potenial should be lowered a touch.

-Andrew Mitchell should be in A and a RP.

RP

-Frank Francisco should be released because he is no longer a member of the White Sox organization. I suggest replacing him in the 90-man roster with prospect SS Cleuluis Rondon.

-Javy Guerra should be number 67.

-Donnie Veal should be in AAA and his potential lowered to the high 60's.

-Daniel Webb's potential should be boosted to the low-mid 70's.

-Jacob Petricka should be in MLB and his potential should be boosted to the high 70's-low 80's. His ratings need a boost too. He's been excellent this season.

-Taylor Thompson should be in AAA.

-Zach Putnam should be in MLB and like Petricka has been excellent this season so he needs a ratings boost.

-Mauricio Robles should be in A since he's on the DL.

-Frank De Los Santos should be in AAA.

-Deunte Heath should be in AAA.

-Cody Winiarski should be in AA.

C

-Tyler Flowers could use a considerable boost to his contact ratings. He's hitting right around .300. His power should probably be lowered a bit, too.

-Adrian Nieto should be number 17 and his power should be dropped and his contact rased by a fair amount. His defensive ratings are probably too high.

-Miguel Gonzalez's potential is way too high at 86. It should be lowered to the high 60's-low 70's. His fielding should be raised however. He's viewed as an all glove, not bat prospect.

1B

-Jose Abreu should be in A since he's on the DL.

-Andy Wilkins should be in AAA.

-Christian Marrero should be in AA.

-Rangel Ravelo's potential should be boosted to the mid 70's and his contact should be raised by a good amount.

2B

-Marcus Semien's contact should be lowered.

-Micah Johnson should be in A since he's on the DL and his potential shoud be upped a touch to the low 80's. He's arguably our number 1 prospect. His speed especially is too low at 80. He led all of minor league baseball in stolen bases in 2013.

-Joey De Michele should be in A and his potential should be lowered to the high 60's-low 70's.

-Carlos Sanchez should be in AAA and his potential should be upped to the low-mid 70's. His defensive ratings should be upped a bit too.

3B

-Conor Gillaspie's potential should probably be upped a few points. He's currently batting over .350 and has been fantastic this season, so his contact, especially against righties, should be higher.

-Daniel Wagner's potential should be dropped about 10 points. He's a career minor leaguer.

-Jeremy Farrell should be in AA.

-Trey Michalczewski should be in A.

SS

-Alexei Ramirez's power should be upped to at least the high 40's. I know he only had 6 HRs all of last year, but he already has more than that so far this season and has had seasons in the high teens and one with 20.

-Leury Garcia should be in MLB, a 2B, and number 28. Also, he's fast, but I don't know if he's as fast as you guys have him, which is a 92.

-Tyler Saladino should be in AAA.

LF

-Jason Coats should be in A and his potential lowered to the low 70's.

-Jacob May should be a CF.

CF

-Adam Eaton's arm strength should be a bit higher and his speed should probably be upped a bit.

-Jordan Danks' defensive ratings should be boosted considerably. He doesn't have a major league bat, but he's considered plus defensively.

-Blake Tekotte should be in AAA.

-Adam Engel should be in A.

-Jared Mitchell should be in AAA.

RF

-Avisail Garcia's potential should be bumped up to the low 80's.

-Michael Earley's potential is at 0. It should probably be in the mid-high 60's.

-Keenyn Walker should be in AA and a CF.

-Josh Richmond should be in AA.
Great list compilation, It's awesome to have an unbiased fan chime in with such a comprehensive list like this (I liked the comment about Paulino hahaha), especially if the roster editors aren't too familiar with the team. I did the same thing for the twins, It's just too bad you're a Sox fan
Old 05-29-2014, 07:17 PM   #370
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76
I still haven't gotten the roster back for final edits and need to leave very shortly for my mother in law's birthday dinner - good part is my wife has to be home by 7, so by 8 I should have my little guy ready for bed and back live working on this - IT WILL BE RELEASED TONIGHT
You've got a wife and kid and still put this much time & effort into this roster? You sir are deserving of all the praise we heap upon you and more.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:22 PM   #371
Rookie

I believe I have a kind of solution for those who are worried about the overall's being too low and want to change them on their own time.

If you raise H/9 K/9 BB/9 5pts for pitchers and Contact L/R 8pts for hitters Power 3pts and Plate Discipline/Vision 10pts the overalls rise and the sim stats came out pretty close to the same as the hybrid rosters (just a little more in favor of the hitters, which doesnt seem to be a major issue since the pitchers were heavily favored before). I have only done 3 sims so far this way so it could change.

this is obviously is very time consuming but if you are worried about overalls for contracts and trades this works from what I can tell.(Though I could be way off base since the data is so small)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2014, 07:32 PM   #372
Banned

OVR: 2

I agree with all of those White Sox suggestions. I've always thought Paulino was rated too high. His sim numbers almost never replicate his rating, but at this point Paulino's days as capable starter are almost done. I'd think a dip in stamina and BB/9 should do the trick. Dude just can't command his pitches, go deep into games, or stay healthy.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:42 PM   #373
MVP

Willard76's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bake502
Hey guys, wanted to thank you. I got the hybrids they are playing very well. My only concern with the lack in overall is that players are not asking for a ton in free agency. I don't understand the need to drop the overall so drastically but I'm just a long for the ride and figured I'd give some input.
The Overall goes down because of the lower ratings, not much we can do to up them except bump ratings which means we are wavering from what this roster is about. Had the same thing last year - hey you can sign more, better players on your budget now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnemergut
I believe I have a kind of solution for those who are worried about the overall's being too low and want to change them on their own time.

If you raise H/9 K/9 BB/9 5pts for pitchers and Contact L/R 8pts for hitters Power 3pts and Plate Discipline/Vision 10pts the overalls rise and the sim stats came out pretty close to the same as the hybrid rosters (just a little more in favor of the hitters, which doesnt seem to be a major issue since the pitchers were heavily favored before). I have only done 3 sims so far this way so it could change.

this is obviously is very time consuming but if you are worried about overalls for contracts and trades this works from what I can tell.(Though I could be way off base since the data is so small)
If you raise the pitchers you will start getting higher K and BB totals and the hitters numbers will drop even more and again you will bump yourself away from the values of the stats we took from - that said I am almost curious to do this and see what happens when I get the roster back and see what the consistent results are - do you have any specific results by chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Pressure
I agree with all of those White Sox suggestions. I've always thought Paulino was rated too high. His sim numbers almost never replicate his rating, but at this point Paulino's days as capable starter are almost done. I'd think a dip in stamina and BB/9 should do the trick. Dude just can't command his pitches, go deep into games, or stay healthy.
I will look into these - not all will be done, but I will see what I can do - I won't be moving players up and down levels at this point, I just want to get this released tonight if I can

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Associate Creator and Godfather of the OSFM Hybrid Roster

follow me on twitter @billybrent
Old 05-29-2014, 07:58 PM   #374
Rookie

Threeebs's Arena

OVR: 8

Guys, the sim engine is what it is. I feel there is no point in changing attributes if you're getting the same league average in batting average as the MLB. In OSFM V2 sims, the only problem I'm seeing is strikeout averages for pitchers are too low, and stolen bases are around 10 too low. Everything else in near spot on.

If you're seeing the same amount of .300 hitters in both Hybrid and OSFM V2 then the league wide average is probably still spot on. You're not seeing as many .300 hitters but other guys who don't normally hit for high averages are a bit higher, making the league average still on par with MLB.

Willard stated himself that he tried things and still got similar results so that should clue into you all that the sim engine is what it is. Change the algorithms and in a few years, things will turn back to what you saw before the adjustments. I don't get why you're not getting this!

The fact I haven't seen anyone post the Hybrid league wide batting average and is trying to change things is beyond me... Crunch the numbers people. Leave it alone...
Old 05-29-2014, 08:07 PM   #375
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnemergut

The thing about suggesting global edits is that you want them to be as minimal as possible for a few reasons. One of those reasons is that people will have to manually input these, so if you are changing 5-10 categories for every player in the roster, that's really a non-starter. Secondly, if you tinker too much, you are bound to defeat your own purpose and unbalance some other aspect of the stats. Really, what you want to look for is one single silver bullet. If you change one thing by a specified amount, what happens? And can you control for that and prove it's a significant change?
Old 05-29-2014, 08:09 PM   #376
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76
I just want to get this released tonight if I can

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »