Home

Sound Off: Why Does America Hate the Heat?

This is a discussion on Sound Off: Why Does America Hate the Heat? within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2014, 02:12 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57

Americans seem to tire quickly of the status quo and there are few things we love more than seeing the guy at the top get torn down. Oh, and we also love sports.

Combine these three aspects and you have a recipe for a surplus of disdain for the two-time defending NBA champions, the Miami Heat.

I was only a kid when Michael Jordan and Co. went on their incredible runs during the 1990's -- but I don't recall the resounding hate for the Bulls like we're seeing with the Heat. At the time it seemed as if America loved to see the dynasty thrive and the greatest of all time continuously claim his crown.

Sound Off: Why does America dislike the Miami Heat?
Platform: Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2014, 02:24 PM   #2
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
It's not so much that I dislike the Heat. It's that I dislike LeBron. He's always had the attitude that he's going to be the best way before he ever won a championship and all those years he was acting like a complete bafoon playing for the Cavs while they were playing human bowling on the sidelines only for them to lose every year made me dislike him even less. And then he went with the decision thing as if he were the most important person in the entire world sit with me really wrong. I don't hate the Heat at all and I'm extremely happy for D-Wade, I always did like him, but LeBron is a different story.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:26 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Sound Off: Why Does America Hate the Heat?

I HATED the Bulls back then. (and was disgusted when I saw New Yorkers wear MJ jerseys, ect..)

With the Heat not only is it one team being on top, but how they conspired to all team up together to do it. (especially Bron & Wade)

Lebron leaving his home town team to do it, the stupid decision thing on tv….it all left a bad taste in peoples mouths.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:29 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 1
It's Lebron. Jordan stayed and had a team built around him...dedication and honor. Lebron left his team at first chance and jumped to a better team. Opposite of Jordan That is were it all differs...if LeBron stayed and a team formed around him then I think people would view him completely different. But since LeBron is the face of the Heat...the hate falls into the Heat as well.

Just a different generation than what I remember seeing I guess. NBA 2000- present just sucks.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:48 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

LeBron isn't the first player to go play on another team. Also the decision, while not thought out very well, led to a good cause and charity to kids in need.

If Cleveland would have built a team around LeBron he would have stayed, but they didn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2014, 02:54 PM   #6
MVP

Syce's Arena

like ojandpizza said, the Decision while a lot hated that, all the money it raised was given to charity and such. Lebron mostly left because the top guys in Cleveland were not helping him out and building the franchise around Lebron like they should have. Look at Kobe for example as well. he cant win anything unless he has another superstar on his team. its just the way it is.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:58 PM   #7
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
Because most Americans like under dogs and know that not much good comes out of Florida.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:04 PM   #8
Banned

Re: Sound Off: Why Does America Hate the Heat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtkiii
It's Lebron. Jordan stayed and had a team built around him...dedication and honor. Lebron left his team at first chance and jumped to a better team. Opposite of Jordan That is were it all differs...if LeBron stayed and a team formed around him then I think people would view him completely different. But since LeBron is the face of the Heat...the hate falls into the Heat as well.

Just a different generation than what I remember seeing I guess. NBA 2000- present just sucks.
Okay, here is where I have the problem. How were the Heat the better team going into that summer?

The 2nd thing is, the Cleveland front office never really made any attempts to surround the guy with better talent. Lebrons best teammate in the end was Boobie Gibson.......who the hell wants to stick around for that. I don't blame the guy, I would have hauled *** too.

Everybody likes to bring up that Bird,Magic, and Jordan wouldn't have done that, well why would they have. Bird played for squads that had three other Hall of Famers in the starting lineup. Magic played for squads that featured two other hall of famers in the starting lineup. And Jordan did more whining about wanting out than anybody,just go read the Jordan Rules. My point is, they were playing with outstanding talent, so why would they go anywhere? Let me ask you, you think Bird,Magic or Jordan are gonna stick around when their best sidekick is Boobie Gibson?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »