Home

Sound Off: Why Does America Hate the Heat?

This is a discussion on Sound Off: Why Does America Hate the Heat? within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2014, 04:18 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Sound Off: Why Does America Hate the Heat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Carnage
Also,how did they weasel their way into anything? They were free agents, they had the right to go where they wanted. Some of you act like these guys were still under contract and forced their way out of town.
I agree. Their decisions were most definitely legal. But for the folks who favor competition, it was not a very savory series of transactions. Three prime time Dream Teamers from the Eastern Conference grouped together as a means of minimizing competition. That's not really fun for a lot of viewers and fans, particularly if that team wins as expected, even when some of their players perform at a fraction of their full potential (i.e. Wade).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2014, 04:19 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 27

It's EVERYTHING about them.

-The team is a bunch of prima-donna, 'look-at-me', d-bags.

-Even the PA guy is a loud-mouthed, arrogant, annoying ****stick.

-They found a "loophole" in the system to team up.

-They also get ring-chasers helping out.

-The amount of egregious bull**** calls they receive during the playoffs is an absolute travesty.

-The 'prison-ball' defense they're allowed to play.

-The suck-***, blowhard Miami media that is constantly swinging from their junk.

-But more importantly and probably the biggest reason a ton of people hate them, is because of their arrogant, mouthy, douchey, front-running, pathetic fanbase. If LeBron were to leave, that gym would be completely empty on a nightly basis.

Simply can't wait until they're done. THAT'S when you'll see the REAL Heat fans. All 7 of them.

Last edited by ThreeKing; 06-04-2014 at 04:22 PM.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:19 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganizedChaos
I am a huge Miami Heat fan, To me LeBron James is the hardest working NBA player in the league and his playing style is unmatched. My favorite part of his game was what dogged him in Cleveland, he wanted to make the best basketball decision on each possession which usually meant hitting a guard wide open in the corner who would then brick the shot. He's not the most purest of scorers but hes the best 6'9'' passer/defender I've ever seen. I'd love to see a Miami v Bulls series.
In Cleveland, LeBron would play with the ball on a string for ten seconds and only then make the golden pass to his teammate in the corner. All the time standing around only amped up the pressure on the shooter. Plus, they knew that if they missed they wouldn't see the ball again.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:21 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 32
Back in the day, Jordan and the Bulls were not overexposed to the limits that all sports are at this point. Specific to this discussion - Miami and LeBron are dedicated fixtures on a network dedicated to NBA by the network that supports its own product - whereas ESPN was basically it for MJ and the rest of the world had to see what MJ did on highlights basically - since alot of the games were not always available nationwide... I mean WGN ran the games - but not all cable outlets carried it - at least not around my neck of the woods. The nation is all up in everybody's business in the world we live in now. Social media, NBATV, ESPN (all of them), FOX Sports1 etc - America is full of haters basically. No one likes anyone anymore unless they are on their home team, and if someone on their home team gets sideways, they want to run them out of town... In the end, I don't really care if the heat win, or Spurs do.. I just want a good series. Enjoy the games for what they are, and the players for that matter. When LeBron retires, everyone will start with all of the nostalgia on how awesome he was and how there will never be anyone as dominant as he was, with the size, skill and ability etc etc... Just IMO
Old 06-04-2014, 04:22 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 0
If LeBron had convinced Wade & Bosh to come to Cleveland, or if Bosh had convinced Wade & LeBron to go to Toronto, the hate wouldn't be there. But they all went to the warm weather, to the party scene, to the city who made the playoffs 60+% of the time & was five years removed from winning a championship.

The city that needed them the least got them all, and two cities hungry for success were left to starve.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:23 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrady
LeBron didn't do much to increase the effectiveness of his Cleveland teammates. He didn't set screens or move without the ball. The opposing defense knew he was always going to be put in a screen/roll up top and they loaded up on him.

C'mon AB, you know good and well that Cleveland team couldn't afford to play LeBron off the ball anymore than what they did.

Definitely do not agree he didn't increase the effectiveness of his teammates either.. He had Gibson, Sasha, and Gooden all playing at a starters level, 3 guys who a few years later don't even have jobs in the league anymore. Propelled Mo Williams from a bench guard to an All-Star. The only player who didn't elevate his game paired with LeBron was Hughes. Who Mike Brown often played out of position, and let him go iso whenever he wanted which led to contested jumper after contested jumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-04-2014, 04:23 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKing
It's EVERYTHING about them.

-The team is a bunch of prima-donna, 'look-at-me', d-bags.

-Even the PA guy is a loud-mouthed, arrogant, annoying ****stick.

-They found a "loophole" in the system to team up.

-They also get ring-chasers helping out.

-The amount of egregious bull**** calls they receive during the playoffs is an absolute travesty.

-The 'prison-ball' defense they're allowed to play.

-The suck-***, blowhard Miami media that is constantly swinging from their junk.

-But more importantly and probably the biggest reason a ton of people hate them, is because of their arrogant, mouthy, douchey, front-running, pathetic fanbase. If LeBron were to leave, that gym would be completely empty on a nightly basis.

Simply can't wait until they're done. THAT'S when you'll see the REAL Heat fans. All 7 of them.
So in other words, they're todays verison of the 90's era Chicago Bulls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2014, 04:29 PM   #32
Rookie

I don't hate the heat or lebron. When they came together as a team it was completely legal and there choice.. But what people forget is that they conspired there contracts to be up at the same time while they were still with there current teams for that perticular summer.. Which means they were planning to team up while claiming to be all in for there current teams.. And I must say that is pretty sleazy

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »