Home

Choosing a Franchise Team for MLB 14 The Show: AL Central

This is a discussion on Choosing a Franchise Team for MLB 14 The Show: AL Central within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-05-2014, 10:13 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Choosing a Franchise Team for MLB 14 The Show: AL Central

Choosing which team to pick for your franchise in MLB: The Show can be a daunting task. Do you want to rebuild? What about picking a team loaded with cash, but little talent to show for it? What if you just want to pick a team with all of the tools at your disposal, and your only job is to win a World Series? The fact is, there is a variety of great teams to kick off your franchise with, but you only get to choose one. Over the course of the next couple of weeks, we'll be going division by division and team by team to help you make your choice. With our fourth entry, here's the AL Central...

Read More - Choosing a Franchise Team for MLB 14 The Show: AL Central
Platform: PS3 / PS Vita / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2014, 10:23 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Choosing a Franchise Team for MLB 14 The Show: AL Central

Chicago White Sox

Depth Chart: The White Sox made the transition that many clubs stubbornly refuse to make: they sold off some of their best players in Rios and Peavy, got good returns, and spent that money wisely on the international market. Now, they have perhaps the most exciting young player in the game in Jose Abreu, and a promising farm system to go with it.

Pitchers: Sale, Quintana, Danks, Paulino, Johnson B-
Bullpen: Webb, Lindstrom, Jones, Downs C+
Infield: Flowers, Abreu, Konerko, Ramirez, Beckham, Gillaspie C+
Outfield: De Aza, Eaten, Viciedo B-
Bench: Danks, Dunn, Simien, Nieto C

Farm System: Ironically enough, the White Sox may have gotten their best prospect when they traded their closer (Addison Reed) to the Diamondbacks last year. There's plenty of young talent in the ChiSox farm system, but most of it is still a ways away.

Keep An Eye On: Davidson (3B), Anderson (SS), Johnson (2B) B

it's the Chicago White Sox, the most interesting team in the American League Central.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:53 PM   #3
Rookie

B Easy's Arena

OVR: 3

The AL Central has always been a little bland to me. I like the Tigers, but they aren't much of a challenge. I think Cleveland is more my speed, kind of in the middle of the pack. You can trade some pieces away, or play it straight with the team they have and see what happens. Dudes like Lindor, Bauer, Gomes, and Salazar are good building blocks for the future.

The Royals are right there as well. Great uniforms, stadium, young core of players, good farm system. Those would be my picks...
Old 06-05-2014, 09:50 PM   #4
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

This division has a few teams I like to play with:

Royals: I like their talent. It's a perennially underachieving team due to Ned Yost's incompetence, but fun to play with. Stadium is great and uniforms, particularly the 1970s baby blue roads, are cool.

White Sox: Abreau is fun to hit with and Sale a beast on the mound. Also like their alternate SOX jerseys and the Dick Allen-era red and white unis, especially the home pinstripes. Only issue is they wear the current helmets with those throwbacks and the alternates.

Twins: The team bites, but the park is cool, with the backdrop of that Twins logo that lights up when you homer. I also like their home pinstripe unis -- for some reason they really looks sharp and stand out on my TV -- and a couple of their throwbacks.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 06-05-2014, 10:00 PM   #5
Just started!

OVR: 0

right,Only issue is they wear the current helmets with those throwbacks and the alternates.thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2014, 04:08 PM   #6
Rookie

B Easy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky

Royals: I like their talent. It's a perennially underachieving team due to Ned Yost's incompetence, but fun to play with. Stadium is great and uniforms, particularly the 1970s baby blue roads, are cool.

White Sox: Abreau is fun to hit with and Sale a beast on the mound. Also like their alternate SOX jerseys and the Dick Allen-era red and white unis, especially the home pinstripes. Only issue is they wear the current helmets with those throwbacks and the alternates.

Twins: The team bites, but the park is cool, with the backdrop of that Twins logo that lights up when you homer. I also like their home pinstripe unis -- for some reason they really looks sharp and stand out on my TV -- and a couple of their throwbacks.
The Twins home uni's look great on my TV as well. The red numbers and blue pinstripes really pop.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:34 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 6

I'm Minnesota grown so all I ever use is the Twins, and just like In real life they are surprisingly competitive this year. And with young players like arcia and (if u use osfm) buxton and sano the team has a bright future. Unfortunately I started my franchise w/o osfm. Stillhaving fun at 29-27 in my first season. Arcia is becoming a beast.
Old 06-07-2014, 01:39 PM   #8
Rookie

LewisCAVS's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky

Unfortunately the people who make the decisions in KC still can't see this.
NCAA - KU basketball
NBA - Cleveland Cavaliers

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »