Home

Choosing a Franchise Team for MLB 14 The Show: NL Central

This is a discussion on Choosing a Franchise Team for MLB 14 The Show: NL Central within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2014, 04:00 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Choosing a Franchise Team for MLB 14 The Show: NL Central

Choosing which team to pick for your franchise in MLB: The Show can be a daunting task. Do you want to rebuild? What about picking a team loaded with cash, but little talent to show for it? What if you just want to pick a team with all of the tools at your disposal, and your only job is to win a World Series? The fact is, there is a variety of great teams to kick off your franchise with, but you only get to choose one. Over the course of the next couple of weeks, we'll be going division by division and team by team to help you make your choice. Here's the NL Central...

Read More - Choosing a Franchise Team for MLB 14 The Show: NL Central
Platform: PS3 / PS Vita / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2014, 05:10 PM   #2
Rookie

B Easy's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Choosing a Franchise Team for MLB 14 The Show: NL Central

Another nice read, Ben. I enjoy your write ups.

I like the NL Central for the fact that you have a mix of teams that are ready to compete now, and in the future.

The teams that intrigue me the most are the Brewers and the Pirates. Yeah, the Cubs have exciting young talent, but honestly, they're almost MLB ready and at that point I'd rather just wait for them to play in the majors and be in The Show for real next season. The Brewers don't have any real top prospects, but that lineup is dangerous. The Pirates have a solid core intact, with a few young guns making their way up. Great mix of players, uniforms, and a beautiful stadium.
Old 05-28-2014, 05:57 PM   #3
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27
Thanks B Easy, glad you enjoy them. I really like the NL Central too, and think it probably has the widest variety of teams to choose from. I'm usually more of a rebuilding guy, so this year I'm probably going to go with the Cubs.

The Brewers would probably be a ton of fun to play with, but if I'm looking to compete year one, I really wouldn't like their chances against the Cardinals.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:48 PM   #4
Rookie

GoRebs's Arena

OVR: 1
Thanks for the write up Ben as always... a great read! The Brewers are very intriguing and I am curious because I am new to the game but when you hit home-runs does the mascot slide down the slide? I would probably trade Braun and try to get some solid prospects for the future. What division are you gonna do a write up on next? :-)
Old 05-28-2014, 07:59 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRebs
Thanks for the write up Ben as always... a great read! The Brewers are very intriguing and I am curious because I am new to the game but when you hit home-runs does the mascot slide down the slide? I would probably trade Braun and try to get some solid prospects for the future. What division are you gonna do a write up on next? :-)
Yes, Bernie Brewer slides down!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2014, 02:18 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0
I always play as the cubs... I like to create myself (99 overall of course lol) and try to bring the cubs a world series title.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:46 PM   #7
MVP

DavidTheGreat20's Arena

OVR: 4

AL Central next?

Sent from my C6750 using Tapatalk

Old 06-05-2014, 10:11 PM   #8
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Good division to play with:

Reds: Love hitting with Hamilton because every time he gets on he's virtually assured of stealing second and the 1-2 punch of Votto and Bruce in the middle of the lineup. Like cranking up the radar gun with Chapman.

Brewers: Can't stand their pitching but it's a good hitting team so it's fun to swing with the bat with these guys.

Cubs: The park, plain and simple. No other reason to even play with this AAA team. Theo Epstein's doing a bang-up job here.

Pirates: Again, the park makes the team, which is fairly bland outside of McCutcheon. I like their 70s throwbacks and the yellow caps.

Cardinals: Great hitting and pitching, so it's always a blast to play with the Redbirds. And their home alternate unis are terrific.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »