Home

When Everything Matters, Sports Gamers Win

This is a discussion on When Everything Matters, Sports Gamers Win within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2014, 01:05 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
When Everything Matters, Sports Gamers Win

Everything matters.

When it comes down to it, that’s what MLB 14 The Show makes clear above all other things when it comes to the much under-appreciated but still just as revolutionary game feature which allows you to take your saves with you to next year’s game.

Everything matters. The moves I make today in my franchise mode could be felt years down the line as I advance in years through the mode. The decisions I make to build my franchise could be felt well into the future, if I miss out on a key free agent signing — I could feel that mistake for years to come in many future editions of The Show.

Read More - When Everything Matters, Sports Gamers Win
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2014, 03:30 PM   #2
Pro

garyjr33's Arena

OVR: 13
Good article! I really hope they add this to NHL this year. This truly is a revolutionary addition and I am definitely changing my approach to my franchise. The last few years I would play about a year and a half of a franchise and then start simming games just to see how my prospects pan out. But now I can play every game and see how they pan out with my controlling them completely with call ups and playing with them once they get to the majors.
Old 06-07-2014, 05:20 PM   #3
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
I couldnt agree more. Great great feature.

The ability to transfer saves has made the OSFM rosters so much more important to me.
all those players in the minors that never saw the big leagues because I only played one season now matter. Not to mention that now next year I wont have to wait a month for the OSFM rosters next year to start my franchise.

All they need now is the ability to import draft classes in to existing franchises and id be set.
Old 06-07-2014, 06:15 PM   #4
Pro

garyjr33's Arena

OVR: 13
Yeah the OSFM rosters are absolutely key!
Old 06-07-2014, 09:13 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 10
I'm advocating paid DLC. PEOPLE, tell me I'm wrong, but if we have paid DLC and bi-year disk releases that would held better releases on discs. Supposedly developers are under tremendous pressure by the money hungry producers, so to meet in the middle would be to release DLC content such as roster upgrades, accessories, stadiums, uniforms etc. But disks would bring something totally new.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2014, 12:47 AM   #6
Rookie

Caius101's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizDevConglomerate
I'm advocating paid DLC. PEOPLE, tell me I'm wrong, but if we have paid DLC and bi-year disk releases that would held better releases on discs. Supposedly developers are under tremendous pressure by the money hungry producers, so to meet in the middle would be to release DLC content such as roster upgrades, accessories, stadiums, uniforms etc. But disks would bring something totally new.
Completely agree with this statement.
Old 06-08-2014, 04:32 AM   #7
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: When Everything Matters, Sports Gamers Win

All we need now is a franchise that doesn't get all borked up years into the future...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
I know much easier said than done. But I'm sure now that we can carry saves over year to year they will work that much harder on the franchise aspects of the game too!!

Last edited by Mrmagoo; 06-08-2014 at 04:34 AM.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:59 AM   #8
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
I feel like I'm going to take one career mode for all of this gen lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »