Home

NHL 15: E3 Trailer and Details - Release Date Set For September 9th

This is a discussion on NHL 15: E3 Trailer and Details - Release Date Set For September 9th within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2014, 12:22 PM   #17
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14
Looks awesome. Still one of the most fun sports games around so adding in next gen flair along with the huge list of improvements, that trailer has me pretty excited.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:31 PM   #18
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NHL 15: E3 Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVCbearcat10
I thought it looks promising. Although, I can't help to feel that when I check back in the evening on this thread, it will be torn apart for player movements, shooting animations, and goalie animations being similar to 360/PS3 version. Also, faces won't be as detailed as many may want, or the jerseys don't fit right, etc.

I think many will expect more from NHL since they had a longer than normal development cycle by skipping next-gen last year. Personally, what I saw so far is what I expected. Should be the best NHL game to date.
I don't expect too much from 15. Honestly, it's having to be built to still work with the 360 and PS3. I don't think we'll get true "Next-Gen" until 16. Kind of like how my brief plays of FIFA 14 haven't felt any different from the same one on the older engine sitting on my computer currently.

That said, i'm expecting big things in terms of AI, working on goalie positioning and how they play the puck (They're still close to worthless outside of the blue paint, and sometimes even dangerous in there). I want to see EA setting the foundation for NHL16 to be truly Next-Gen, and the best NHL game yet. Not just NHL 15.75 with some slightly better faces and jerseys that blow around while they skate.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:34 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 24

Holy S***!!!! IF that's indeed in game commentary, that alone warrants my $60!!
Old 06-09-2014, 12:35 PM   #20
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVCbearcat10
I thought it looks promising. Although, I can't help to feel that when I check back in the evening on this thread, it will be torn apart for player movements, shooting animations, and goalie animations being similar to 360/PS3 version. Also, faces won't be as detailed as many may want, or the jerseys don't fit right, etc.

I think many will expect more from NHL since they had a longer than normal development cycle by skipping next-gen last year. Personally, what I saw so far is what I expected. Should be the best NHL game to date.
They likely haven't been working on this any longer even though they skipped a release for next gen last fall.

And the goalies look the same in their stiff movements and animations.

But the worst part was that check from behind when Ryan McDonagh flattens Williams on the Kings in the open ice. Same dumb, canned animation that is completely unrealistic. How can you hit someone to the ice when they have a step on you towards the goal in the open? Your speed and momentum would need to exceed that player that is in front of you, but EA seems to neglect physics in these situations.

The P.K. one-timer where he wrists one in from the point is also an eye sore. Dropping to your knee to one-time a puck is fine... but not from that far out!
Old 06-09-2014, 12:41 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 8
If you're not excited after watching that, idk why you even play video games. I'm sorry that looked awesome
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2014, 12:53 PM   #22
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

Graphics looked nice, so long as it plays smooth. The ice itself looked absolutely fantastic, and hopefully the wobble on the puck on that shot is indicative of some better puck physics overall. Some faces look decent, and they look more expressive. Hopefully they've got many, many, many more legit faces in there this time around. I'll take almost every players face looking reasonably good vs. 50 players looking perfect and 350 looking generic.

I would say the downside is that it has cross-gen written all over it. A lot of those collisions looked the same as what we've seen on PS3/360, and I've got a feeling we won't see this series truly evolve until they move past those consoles - much the same as every other sports title so far. Still, very interested to see more and most importantly, to see it in action.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:53 PM   #23
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Postitives: Almost everything, especially the Subban drop to one knee shot.

Negatives: The goalie masks. I mean, COME ON!
Old 06-09-2014, 12:56 PM   #24
Pro

letsgopens66's Arena

OVR: 4

Trailer looked great, but as always we'll wait and see. Anyone who makes huge judgements on the game based on a minute long trailer (both positive and negative) is only seeing what they want to see.
Denver Broncos

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »