Home

EA Sports PGA Tour Official Trailer and First Details

This is a discussion on EA Sports PGA Tour Official Trailer and First Details within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2014, 05:40 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Now there's NO EXCUSE for excessive wind on Paracel !
Old 06-09-2014, 05:49 PM   #18
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: EA Sports PGA Tour Official Trailer and First Details

All I've wanted for years is real to life atmosphere. Golfers, Bags, Real or fake advertisements on the tee boxes. Some actual real golfer and commentary emotion. This is golf....not much going on here except some trees blowing, some grass moving, a few clouds blowing through, and where is all the resources going? an aircraft carrier crashing in on your tee shot. Theres something you see everyday.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 06-09-2014, 05:52 PM   #19
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7

It just depends what the real course to fantasy course ratio ends up being. If we get 20 real courses and 5 or 6 fantasy courses, I'll be just fine. If it's half and half and that's a big focus, it will be tough to keep me as interested.

The last couple PGA Tour games were moving in the right direction of obtaining more and more tournament licenses, and I hope that's been a focus through this process as well. If not, it will end up being half sim and half Hot Shots.

The graphics look stunning, and the game more than has my attention. But I'll be ready to hear more about the course and golf list that will be included. I'm staying hopeful!
Old 06-09-2014, 06:50 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0
Well, EA sure chipped the old battleship on this one.....

To be fair Tiger Woods was notorious for liking to play soldier.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:07 PM   #21
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Seriously what did I just watch? IMO EA just needs to say we're in this to make arcade sports games. If you want sim don't buy our product. They just made GC look that much better. Wow!

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2014, 09:23 PM   #22
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Wow, that's a terrible trailer IMO. It really appears theyve changed the entire focus of the game. I don't mind the few fantasy courses they have in there now. It's kinda of neat to play when you get a bit bored, That's it though.

Pretty crazy to see that trailer with the ship crashing through. Really strange. That's not fantasy courses to me, that's just ridiculous. If theres only one or two courses like that, and 15 or so real ones that come with the game, then I'm alright with it, afterall, I don't have to play them fantasy courses. If its shifting more towards the fantasy courses, I'm out.

Really strange of them to release the trailer like that. Just seems really strange to highlight that. It really gives off the message of fantasy being a bigger part of the game.

I guess time will tell. What we saw of the real courses there, looked really nice though.
Old 06-09-2014, 09:42 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 11

Graphics look nice. However the tone of the trailer just galls the crap out of me. They took a year off for this? WTF does having a ship crash into the shore have to do with the PGA TOUR? I freaking HATE fantasy courses. If this was a technology demo showing off Frostbite 3, I get it. But I was turned off by the trailer as a whole and if this ends up being even more arcade than the previous gen, then this just may be the first EA Golf title I pass on since I starts playing PGA TOUR on the Sega Genesis. What a huge letdown so far.

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 06-09-2014, 10:34 PM   #24
Banned

allstardad's Arena

OVR: 0

That trailer leaves me with the impression that they are after a different market than what I was hoping, which would be simulation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »