Home

NHL 15: Hands-On Impressions

This is a discussion on NHL 15: Hands-On Impressions within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2014, 10:00 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Yes. Big NHL Boner going on now.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:03 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 13
This does sound good. I am wondering (though I doubt there is any shot) - has there been any improvement to BeAGM mode? Any addition to the bare bones player career stat and award tracking? It still seems odd that NHL 07 on the PSP could manage to have year by year career stats, but the consoles eight years later can't manage that feat?
Old 06-11-2014, 10:11 AM   #11
Rookie

Comp's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 15: Hands-On Impressions

Great read, especially:
Quote:
hitting does not result in fights as often, which is welcome.
I get tired of laying out a good hit on NHL14 then end up in a scrap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2014, 10:21 AM   #12
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Good write-up, Chris. How bad is the "suction effect" around the boards? It was a little overpowering and annoying in 14. Just feels like I'm forced into too much board play. Also, I know the PS4 doesn't have the ability to use custom music, but did they leave in the option to allow for it when it's added later? If not, were the correct goal songs played, or could you even hear them with all of the noise? Thanks!
Old 06-11-2014, 10:31 AM   #13
Rookie

csamuelsvt's Arena

OVR: 1
Thanks a lot for the impressions!

1.) Can you ask if they will have the authentic goal horns with their correct length in game especially since for PS4 we can't put our own horns in the game until Sony releases that update?

2.) Will there be any footage soon from E3 of the game? Curious to see the NBC presentation

3.) If I am on offense and clearly have a step or two on the defenseman, will he magically catchup/back skate to where I am to cut me off?

Thanks!!
Old 06-11-2014, 10:33 AM   #14
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Thanks for this! September can't get here soon enough.. except for my 43rd birthday on the 6th.. that can wait.. lol
Old 06-11-2014, 10:50 AM   #15
Rookie

blinkfan77's Arena

OVR: 7
The extended poke animation has me a little worried. I'm an exceptional poke-checker (as Im sure a lot of people online are, and many people probably hate that) and I hope that it doesn't effect my game.

Actually, of bigger concern is, the new Xbox ONE controller has AWFUL bumpers that require a completely different hand/finger stretch/angle and the pressure point is solely at the end of the button. I have a feeling I'm going to despise that controller for this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2014, 11:01 AM   #16
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
Nice job. I can't wait to get my hands on a copy. EA Sports seems to be making some nice progress with most of the franchises. I'm hoping NBA Live manages to recover and be a decent game this year too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »