Home

Madden NFL 15: Hands-On Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15: Hands-On Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2014, 10:15 AM   #9
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 15: Hands-On Impressions

This write up expresses the impression I got from reading about Madden 15 so far, nicely improved but still lacking in some key areas.

I was really glad to read about the inaccurate QBs because I have always felt that the passing game should have proper risk/reward, linked to ratings and situation. I should be nervous dropping back to pass with all but the most elite of NFL QBs and/or offensive schemes, not just flinging it all over the field, all game, regardless of the QB or team. I despised QB Vision and never want to see it again but it did add a much needed element of risk/reward for the passing game. Hopefully Tiburon can build on these pass inaccuracies, with independent physics for the football and true weather effects to make passing risk/reward even more evident.

I remember back on the older consoles when playing older NFL games, I had to focus on playing good defense and time of possession through the running game when playing with my Redskins because we didn't have a solid dependable QB. I look forward to those days again, when you actually have to adapt the way you play based on your team's and opponent's personnel.

Also about interceptions, I agree with the writer, don't nerf them down, if the situation makes sense that it be an INT, let it be an INT, regardless of how many occur. Again, if there is not proper risk to doing x, then there is no need for anyone to stop trying to do it, lol. An incomplete pass is not a big enough deterrent for some gamers, so take the training wheels off and let them set NFL records for INTs until they learn to not force passes, take what's there, setup plays, run the ball more, etc.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:19 AM   #10
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It's usually only when he scores a TD and he was injured for 9 weeks last year.
I've watched every Packers snap since 09 when I got the ticket. I haven't seen it since 11 when he said he thought it had become a distraction.

FWIW, If he's done it I haven't noticed.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:20 AM   #11
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

OVR: 0

Disappointed but not surprised to hear about the non existence of WR/DB interaction. It's been done 10 years ago, literally. 2 generations...and we still don't have it in Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2014, 10:23 AM   #12
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicVirtue
Disappointed but not surprised to hear about the non existence of WR/DB interaction. It's been done 10 years ago, literally. 2 generations...and we still don't have it in Madden.
This is definitely a letdown.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:41 AM   #13
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

Great to hear about real-time presentation. Cutscenes really made next-gen M25 look horribly dated.

I wonder if the real-time stuff will include more than just celebrations or contextual/transitional events (e.g. timeouts or the end of a quarter). It would be nice to see real-time huddling and substitutions one of these days. I also wonder if head coaches will react to a play as it happens and we can watch the reaction while in replay mode.

Otherwise, I still think a lot needs to be done to catch up to other next-gen sports games. All 22 players should use "True Step". Legacy animations should be phased out. CFM should not be left unchanged. As I've said plenty of times before, there can't be any excuses on the new hardware. If this shared "Ignite" tech is as advertised, there should be no excuse why Madden isn't at the level of FIFA, which, for all its faults, at least looks and feels like a Gen 8 title.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:06 AM   #14
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
Nice preview. Thanks for the detailed impressions. Last year Madden felt like a bridge game between console generations. From your impressions and what I've seen, it looks like Madden is making some nice progress.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:08 AM   #15
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18
Could you please check if they adopted the NCAA no huddle system (More realistic, slower return to the line; full playbook available per personell grouping not just 4 plays etc)?

This is huge in my opinion considering how many teams are running up-tempo offenses. You could replicate it perfectly in NCAA 14 without feeling cheesy. In Madden its just way too fast and too little playbook options on O and D.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2014, 11:10 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0
Rodgers did the belt week 17 v the Bears after he beat the Bears ya Jabronies.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »