Home

NHL 15: First Gameplay Video Emerges

This is a discussion on NHL 15: First Gameplay Video Emerges within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2014, 08:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
NHL 15: First Gameplay Video Emerges

The first gameplay video of NHL 15 on new-gen consoles has surfaced from E3. Give it a watch and let us know what you think!
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2014, 08:44 PM   #2
Rookie

Comp's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2 minutes of Full-gameplay

Looks decent. Definitely can see the little things such as the jersey moving around and the ice getting cuts in it. The linesmen just seemed off to me.

Last edited by Comp; 06-11-2014 at 09:13 PM.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:03 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Definitely did not like the goalie passing. Tossed the puck as strong as a normal skater from the net to the boards.

AI looked as dumb as ever. I don't think you can say "It was on easy" for an excuse.

Dumb that Gaborik even has the ability to get into a fight. So it's obvious that engine for the process of who fights and stuff hasn't been worked out.

Refs looked like they were getting lost half the time and skating side by side on blue line.

Graphics and presentation are a definite plus though. Much more immersion.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:07 PM   #4
Pro

Literally looks like NHL 14 with a new paint job. Goalies look exactly the same. Three times in the first 15 seconds a player gets bumped and goes to his knees and all three are the exact same canned animation. The jerseys move, but they move when they shouldn't be and don't when they should be. The jerseys aren't waiving in the wind when the players rush the puck, but then when McDonagh is standing practically still before the fight, his jersey is rippling as if he's standing in front of a fan. McDonagh doesn't look like he has a cyber face either. Gameplay looks exactly the same to me. Nice to see the puck bouncing around a bit more but he AI doesn't look any better. My excitement for this game is down about 80% since when it was initially announced.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:13 PM   #5
Rookie

s_mkheidze's Arena

looks kind of arcade-y...I know it all depends on the settings but still. Can't really see a big difference other than the new cam.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2014, 09:15 PM   #6
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose24x
Literally looks like NHL 14 with a new paint job. Goalies look exactly the same. Three times in the first 15 seconds a player gets bumped and goes to his knees and all three are the exact same canned animation. The jerseys move, but they move when they shouldn't be and don't when they should be. The jerseys aren't waiving in the wind when the players rush the puck, but then when McDonagh is standing practically still before the fight, his jersey is rippling as if he's standing in front of a fan. McDonagh doesn't look like he has a cyber face either. Gameplay looks exactly the same to me. Nice to see the puck bouncing around a bit more but he AI doesn't look any better. My excitement for this game is down about 80% since when it was initially announced.
Not a ***** though...

Nah, it looks a lot better presentation wise, the puck didn't bounce like crazy on a dump in, but I agree, I saw barely new AI. Nets look nice though (most advertised part of the first trailer lol they better).

EDIT: ***** is censored?
EDIT 2: Dumb me. Hate+r to make a noun is censored?
Old 06-11-2014, 09:17 PM   #7
Rookie

I'm not going to pass judgment based on a short hand-cam video, but I really do want to see some legit gameplay from actual players very soon. Full game livestreams from devs, youtubers like Superbman. That'd be great marketing all around.

And yes, the difficulty this is on matters a huge amount. If it's on easy/rookie/even pro of course the AI is probably worse, they have to differentiate somehow. As usual this game is not going to be perfect out of the box, guys. You won't be sold on it until it's in your hands and you can adjust sliders how you want. The main AI thing I want to see is pressure in the neutral zone (esp. with a goalie pulled) and making it harder to gain entry into the zone. Most quirks I can learn to play around, but those are glaring issues that take me out of the game.

Last edited by BearishRiggs; 06-11-2014 at 09:20 PM.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:18 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 18

Graphics look great, crowd looks amazing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »