Home

NHL 15 Interview: 15 Questions with Rammer

This is a discussion on NHL 15 Interview: 15 Questions with Rammer within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2014, 07:01 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NHL 15 Interview: 15 Questions with Rammer

EA Sports posted a new blog post with 15 questions for producer Sean Ramjagsingh about NHL 15. Here is a bit of the Q&A on the EA Site:

What are you most excited about for NHL 15?
  • I am excited about everything. With the power of the next gen consoles, we’ve been able to push the boundaries of every gameplay feature to achieve a level of authenticity that was never possible before. I’m also extremely excited about the new NBC broadcast package – our fans have been clamoring for a change for a long time and I believe we’ve been able to deliver that and more with the real world integration of Doc and Eddie in the game.
What work has been done to the skill stick that gives us more control? Can we move the stick while making skating strides?
  • Our goal with the Skill Stick was to give unprecedented fidelity and control with the puck. A big part of this was upper and lower body separation so that you can now deke while turning. This allows you to maneuver through crowded areas like never before. We’ve also added new ‘stride dekes’ along with replacing virtually every animation associated with the skill stick.
Is the teammate AI better at not going offside during the breakout?
  • You will notice an overall improvement with your teammate’s awareness through Vision AI. Vision AI ensures that teammates read and react to you, and in this case they will anticipate your decision making as you approach the opposition’s blueline. That being said, our goal is always to be authentic to the sport and offsides are a part of the game. So it is still very possible for you to make an extra move at the blueline that throws your teammates offside.
Be sure to check out the full interview for more details on NHL 15, coming to stores September 9th.
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2014, 09:56 PM   #2
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11
I really, really want to see more of this game soon. It just screams next-gen in the looks department. Hopefully the gameplay is next-gen as well.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:01 PM   #3
Rookie

yolo1212's Arena

OVR: 0
Enough marketing talk Rammer, we need some gameplay! Madden comes out 2 weeks before NHL and they have tons of gameplay videos at e3 to showcase. Why is NHL being so discreet? Im optimistic but that gameplay leaked video albeit an early build did not represent what i came to expect (not graphically talking) of the game.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:08 PM   #4
Rookie

deej93's Arena

Re: NHL 15 Interview: 15 Questions with Rammer

He mentioned that will the next-gen system they will be able to capture the authenticity of nhl gameplay. Very interested to see more gameplay because the one video that was released seemed to just be a polished NHL 14.

Don't get me wrong I love to play NHL 14 but its a long way from authentic.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:36 PM   #5
Just started!

http://dualpixels.com/2014/06/11/e3-2014-nhl-15-hands-impressions-intro-clip/

Another pretty good write up and awesome snap shot of Eddie and Doc in the pre game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2014, 10:59 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

really do not like the way he dodges the resolution question. I think we can expect 900p
Old 06-13-2014, 04:30 AM   #7
MVP

Trevelyan's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuki
I think we can expect 900p
Here we go. lol
Old 06-13-2014, 08:22 AM   #8
Just started!

great,Another pretty good write up and awesome snap shot of Eddie and Doc in the pre game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »