Home

Sports Daily: Spurs Win, What Is the Future of Miami?

This is a discussion on Sports Daily: Spurs Win, What Is the Future of Miami? within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2014, 11:55 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Sports Daily: Spurs Win, What Is the Future of Miami?

San Antonio's fifth NBA championship in the Tim Duncan era should be celebrated. But when we look at the next steps for both the Spurs and Heat, it's easy to get more excited about the 'What's next?' down in South Beach.

The Spurs have been an incredible dynastic team and the core peaces don't appear as volatile as those in Miami. The possibilities for the Heat this offseason could range from free-agent loss to superstar gain -- or even a trade?

Is it time for Bosh to go, or Wade? Should the Heat pursue Kevin Love or Carmelo Anthony? Or will LeBron decide his run in Miami is over and take his talents elsewhere?

Sound Off: What roster moves are needed for the Miami Heat?

Sports Headlines for June 16, 2014
Platform: Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2014, 12:18 PM   #2
Rookie

onac22's Arena

OVR: 5
The heat will be buying a little cart for Lebron that will give him a ride when he cramps to save the humiliation of being carried.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:51 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0
Not a fan of the new "joining forces nba," Ive stated b4 that the talent needs to be spread out more in order to create parity. Its nice to see the Spurs win the title, proving that building a sound team and great coaching should be the right way to do things! The Heat have been to 4 straight finals do to a broken system where teams are able to stack up! The cap shoulnt allow for 2-3 superstars to be on the same team! Nobody wants to work for a title anymore so they team up with fellow all-stars and win it. If the cap was set or adjusted so great players had no choice but play for teams that could afford them, then in turn every team would be equal talent wise. But Im sure next season we will see Lebron, Melo, and Love all on the same team, WTF?
Old 06-16-2014, 03:11 PM   #4
Rookie

WinTheDay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MossMan84
Not a fan of the new "joining forces nba," Ive stated b4 that the talent needs to be spread out more in order to create parity. Its nice to see the Spurs win the title, proving that building a sound team and great coaching should be the right way to do things! The Heat have been to 4 straight finals do to a broken system where teams are able to stack up! The cap shoulnt allow for 2-3 superstars to be on the same team! Nobody wants to work for a title anymore so they team up with fellow all-stars and win it. If the cap was set or adjusted so great players had no choice but play for teams that could afford them, then in turn every team would be equal talent wise. But Im sure next season we will see Lebron, Melo, and Love all on the same team, WTF?
The Heat's just a collection of talent with no chemistry and only one play. Get the ball to LeBron. The Spurs showed that chemistry will beat a collection of talent with none of its own every time, and crush it in doing so. They proved that you don't need the best players in the world to win a championship. Having talent is one thing. Having the know how to use it is a whole 'nother ballgame. San Antonio was on a different level than Miami. Spoelstra doesn't have the experience yet (or the talent) to win another title for a long time, if ever again. I wouldn't be surprised if last year's title is LeBron's last. I'm not surprised that San Antonio won in dominating fashion. It almost seemed like it should have been a sweep. Miami had no chance. I think they were lucky to win the one game they did. It also seemed like the Heat just quit playing after they got down like by 10 or so. No mental toughness. I hope Miami fans realize this and get a harsh dose of reality that they deserve. Their team isn't the best in the world anymore. It's San Antonio as it stands right now.
Old 06-16-2014, 03:20 PM   #5
MVP

BringTheHeat's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Sports Daily: Spurs Win, What Is the Future of Miami?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinTheDay
The Heat's just a collection of talent with no chemistry and only one play. Get the ball to LeBron. The Spurs showed that chemistry will beat a collection of talent with none of its own every time, and crush it in doing so. They proved that you don't need the best players in the world to win a championship. Having talent is one thing. Having the know how to use it is a whole 'nother ballgame. San Antonio was on a different level than Miami. Spoelstra doesn't have the experience yet (or the talent) to win another title for a long time, if ever again. I wouldn't be surprised if last year's title is LeBron's last. I'm not surprised that San Antonio won in dominating fashion. It almost seemed like it should have been a sweep. Miami had no chance. I think they were lucky to win the one game they did. It also seemed like the Heat just quit playing after they got down like by 10 or so. No mental toughness. I hope Miami fans realize this and get a harsh dose of reality that they deserve. Their team isn't the best in the world anymore. It's San Antonio as it stands right now.
You do realize they won two titles right? Beating the Spurs in one of them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2014, 03:28 PM   #6
Just Bad at Everything

TheNumber35's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheHeat
You do realize they won two titles right? Beating the Spurs in one of them.

Those obviously don't count. Because the league's talent is so diluted because Lebron teamed up with 2 other superstar players. Gotta keep up with these things man.
Old 06-16-2014, 03:29 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

If only they hadn't traded Joel Anthony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-16-2014, 04:17 PM   #8
Rookie

The talent isn't so much diluted as much as there are to many teams now. There are about as many quality players as there has ever been. There has never been a time in the league where there were thirty players capable of carrying a team. Talent was distributed a little more evenly in the past though because you had less teams. That being said the Heat will be fine. They need to focus on bringing in reliable shooters/defenders for the bench and I feel its time to switch to a more conservative defense ala the Bulls. They no longer have the horses for the style they play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »