Home

Sports Daily: Spurs Win, What Is the Future of Miami?

This is a discussion on Sports Daily: Spurs Win, What Is the Future of Miami? within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2014, 04:20 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Sports Daily: Spurs Win, What Is the Future of Miami?

It wasnt a coincidence that the only team that didnt get dismantled by the Spurs was the team with the conservative traditional defense in the Mavs
Old 06-16-2014, 04:26 PM   #10
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
I don't see the Heat really having the luxury of deciding who leaves and who stays. Obviously they don't want James to opt out, but for this team to really get better they DO need Wade to either be gone or making less money. The problem there is that Wade knows he'll never again see the kind of money he's making on his current contract, so he's almost assuredly going to stay put. Bosh is an enigma, because he actually could get paid more by opting out and signing elsewhere, and most likely he'd get to see the ball a lot more on another team, rather than being limited to the spot-up shooter role he's grown accustomed to in Miami.

What they really need is to spend some coin on a better coach. 'Coach Spo' isn't Scott Brooks bad, but he's far from a great tactical coach, and I just never got the feeling that the players have any respect for him.
Old 06-16-2014, 04:37 PM   #11
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
What they really need is to spend some coin on a better coach. 'Coach Spo' isn't Scott Brooks bad, but he's far from a great tactical coach, and I just never got the feeling that the players have any respect for him.
Yet they went to four finals in a row and won two and with no center. It's amazing that Spo still doesn't get the credit he earned.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2014, 04:40 PM   #12
All Star

st0rmb11's Arena

OVR: 30

LOL at the idea that the Heat have no chemistry and have one offense; "Get the ball to LeBron, and everyone else watch."

These guys played beautiful team basketball for 3 years before this season. This season, they did become more of a one man show, but only out of necessity. Bosh has pretty much made up his mind that he will be a jump shooter, and Wade can't seem to consistently put up big numbers any more. He's good for a few games at a time, but LeBron really is the only one that can consistently create for others.

But the Spurs were the only team that was able to expose it. Wade was having a great postseason until the Finals.

If they keep LeBron, I think they should keep Wade & Bosh, as well (at considerable discounts, mind you), and use that money to go out and get a point guard. LeBron and Wade should be playing off of each other WITHOUT the ball. They both do it beautifully. Get a point guard in there that can actually run an offense. It doesn't have to be Tony Parker or someone like that. Just a solid point guard. Chalmers is alright for what he does, but he has become a stand still shooter, that spots up when LeBron penetrates.

As far as the rumors I've read about the Heat going for 'Melo? That's the last thing they need.

Cincinnati Reds

UNC Tarheels

Twitter: @st0rmb11

PS4
Old 06-16-2014, 05:13 PM   #13
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22

Wade will opt in because he is not getting that kind of money from anywhere anymore.

Bosh is in the weird situation where he could get a max deal elsewhere but isn't worth what he's being paid now for how the Heat play him.

As for LeBron, didn't he leave Cleveland in part because he didn't have much support around him? What he has around him in Miami is fading fast.

If one of those three leave, they should take a hard look at Kyle Lowry.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:27 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

I find myself loving and hating Lebron at times. I love him because, lets face it, he's the most dominate force in sports year in and year out. I hate him because despite his greatness, he is so passive and soft. I guess when I see a superstar, I automatically expect them to be a killer on the court and its hard to face that he is just not that type of guy. I also hate him for teaming up with two other elite players and conspiring to do it years before it happened. I digress though.

I don't see Dwade or Bosh going anywhere. The Heat definitely DO NOT need Melo. Miami won 2 titles. I think their strategy is not completely bad. I agree that they need to address the point guard/center issue. If its me, I'm looking for a Center who can defend the paint because Miami really lacks a paint defense. Problem is, idk who can fill that role (Tyson Chandler comes to mind).

Whatever they do, they need to make it a top priority to get a real point guard or center or both if the core 3 come back.
Acts 2:38- Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:41 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 0

It's best for the heat for wade to opt out.he's more a liability to this team more than anything at this point, missing tons of games and that really screwed up the chemistry in this team imo.but he's obviously opting in.

Bosh is the most likely member of the big three to leave.he's still very good but he's also racked up a lot of minutes especially by playing in a position he's not comfortable in.unless the heat get a decent rim protector he might be outta there.

LeBron is staying.yeah, he left Cleveland because he had too big of a bUrden to shoulder, but the difference is now he's part of an organization that knows how to be smart and plan ahead.besides on Miami he has the best chance to make the finals.

Chalmers contract will not be renewed.Miami needs a point guard desperately and Cole is only decent as a second option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2014, 07:34 PM   #16
MVP

BringTheHeat's Arena

OVR: 12

Predictions for Miami:

All 3 are staying
Wade will take a significant paycut
Ray Allen will retire

I'll look at possible signings when I have more time, need a shooter, big man, and point guard

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »