Home

NBA Live 15 Q&A with Executive Producer Sean O’Brien

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Q&A with Executive Producer Sean O’Brien within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2014, 04:43 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA Live 15 Q&A with Executive Producer Sean O’Brien

EA Sports has posted a Q&A with NBA Live 15 Executive Producer, Sean O’Brien. The team asked for questions via Twitter and the team selected the top questions.

Below are some of the bullet points, but read the entire Q&A here.
  • We scanned about 70 percent of the league, and plan on getting the rookies during NBA Summer League. Once the season starts up again in the fall, we will start scanning the remaining players we didn’t get during the 2013-14 NBA season. Our plan is to then create the heads and use our NBA LIVE content system to update the game with the additional scanned heads throughout the season.
  • The Gameplay – We’ve heard all of the feedback from last year, so we are improving the overall responsiveness and control, especially when dribbling, adding higher quality animations as well as re-working the game flow to make the action on the court organic and seamless.
  • Body types have been completely redone.
  • Expect a completely different gameplay experience with great control and a much improved foundation that makes for a better experience lending itself to a much better flow when you’re playing the game.
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2014, 04:48 PM   #2
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: NBA Live 15 Q&A with Executive Producer Sean O’Brien

The important stuff

Quote:
@EASPORTSNBA Name 3 big things Live 15 will improve on #AskObes

1. The Visuals – We’re doubling down, and the game is going to look way better. More on this to come.
2. The Gameplay – We’ve heard all of the feedback from last year, so we are improving the overall responsiveness and control, especially when dribbling, adding higher quality animations as well as re-working the game flow to make the action on the court organic and seamless.
3. Onboarding – We’re committed to providing an amazing first impression as well as a deeper level of understanding of the controls and how they work to ensure that players have some early successes when first playing the game. We will reveal more about this later this summer.
Quote:
JerzeyReign @JerzeyReign Follow @EASPORTSNBA Scans look amazing but how much improved is the gameplay? #AskObes

OBES: We knew that was a deficiency last year. Just like visuals, we are laser focused on improving the core systems and fundamentals of gameplay, the responsiveness and control you have on the sticks, the overall quality of animation and the overall flow of the game. Although we are still deep in production, we are happy where the game is right now and are excited to show you more. We are looking forward to working with the community to help shape the vision of the game moving forward.
Quote:
Follow @EASPORTSNBA live 15 looks sick but how are the skin texture for the bodies and do the scans of the jerseys affect cloth physics? #AskObes
OBES: Similar to the approach we’ve taken with heads, we’ve used the same approach with skin textures and body parts. Now, players will be more accurately represented with various body types to help match their real-world selves. To your second question, no – scanning does not affect cloth simulation or physics. They are two separate systems, but they work in parallel with one another.
Quote:
BackupUndees @CollinJMurray Follow #AskObes what changed from last year and this year that allows you to create such better facial graphics

OBES: We have a brand new lighting approach that helps recreate the likeness. It’s not just scanning that makes the players and the rest of the game look great, it’s the lighting as well. You’ll see the same methodology in the details across all assets including uniforms, crowds, courts, arenas, etc. Expect a visual overhaul of every single asset in the game. Without exaggeration, I can honestly say that every single asset has been touched for NBA LIVE 15.
Old 06-16-2014, 05:30 PM   #3
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8

Beating a dead horse here but it all sounds great. Let's see it now.

One thing I think we can hang our hat on with this team, is that they seemed to be committed to community involvement which is a big enough step in itself.

Old 06-16-2014, 05:38 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Man seriously, yeah I know, people will be saying, " they're just trying to save face, they said the same stuff last year." This time around I honestly believe we are going to see some great ball. These guys have stayed committed, listened to our feedback and look like graphically they have stepped it up BIG time. I'm pumped for 15, I enjoyed 14 throughly even though the graphics lacked. It was fun, easy to pick up and the players weren't glued to the floor. I'm so pumped to see more screens and some video. I'm actually glad last years debacle is over with, now we can expect to see REAL gameplay, not just rendered stuff. Keep it up guys! #nothingbutnext #startedfromthebottom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-16-2014, 05:42 PM   #5
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosey101
Man seriously, yeah I know, people will be saying, " they're just trying to save face, they said the same stuff last year." This time around I honestly believe we are going to see some great ball. These guys have stayed committed, listened to our feedback and look like graphically they have stepped it up BIG time. I'm pumped for 15, I enjoyed 14 throughly even though the graphics lacked. It was fun, easy to pick up and the players weren't glued to the floor. I'm so pumped to see more screens and some video. I'm actually glad last years debacle is over with, now we can expect to see REAL gameplay, not just rendered stuff. Keep it up guys! #nothingbutnext #startedfromthebottom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

as long as i can play realistic in the career mode that's good enough for me to purchase
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2014, 05:42 PM   #6
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Yep, everything is sounding really good. Just want to see it in action, feel it for myself once it comes. The visuals that were released look amazing. It sounds like the jerseys that were scanned weren't implemented in those screens, so I'm looking forward to that as well as the updated player body types. I just hope they keep the lean looking models vs the stubby models.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:43 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I hope that online will be good..

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk
Old 06-16-2014, 06:49 PM   #8
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Looking forward to it...let's see what you got EA!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »