Home

NBA Live 15 Q&A with Executive Producer Sean O達rien

This is a discussion on NBA Live 15 Q&A with Executive Producer Sean O達rien within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2014, 12:09 AM   #17
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: NBA Live 15 Q&A with Executive Producer Sean O達rien

Kinda disappointed there wasn't any question about hairstyle and facial hair updates or scanning coaching staff but I like that they'll scan rookies during Summer League, maybe they could scan non-rookies who could be free agents.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:27 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 0
It's kind of discouraging to hear them talk so much about facial scans, lighting, graphics, etc.. That's all good to know but that was a given considering how laughable Live 14 was in this area. At this point I want to hear detailed information on how the gameplay has improved not some vague statement. The gameplay was so far behind that they're going to need a massive upgrade & I mean massive! I grew up on Live so I want them to succeed but for some reason I'm not sure if they have their priorities in order. As usual they're talking about dribbling, controls, etc.. This is a red flag to me because EA always seems to focus on the wrong things (not to say dribbling is not important but it seems like that's all they focus on). I want to hear about AI improvements, basketball fundamentals being displayed, court awareness, ball movement, spacing, fluid animations, play logic, more signature animations, etc.. These are all things that Live 14 sorely lacked. It's going to take a whole lot more than improved graphics & fancy dribbling controls for Live to be able to compete. I hope they bring it this year because they have a major uphill battle.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:28 AM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryP
Any word thus far whether sliders will be included in this year's version?
This! Also will we be able to edit players?
Old 06-17-2014, 12:37 AM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBulls
The way he talks about gameplay makes it sound like they basically touched it up to make it appear smoother. I wish he said that they overhauled gameplay or something more reassuring.

Oh well, hopefully I'm wrong. We'll see.
Exactly. Red flags already. They need to show & prove this year. No more trying to wait til the game is released to show gameplay smh. They need to earn the trust back from fans. The need to show us detailed gameplay improvements & not just talk a good one. We shall see.....NBA Live is on the clock......
Old 06-17-2014, 12:47 AM   #21
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBulls
The way he talks about gameplay makes it sound like they basically touched it up to make it appear smoother. I wish he said that they overhauled gameplay or something more reassuring.

Oh well, hopefully I'm wrong. We'll see.
Well...he said in one of the answers "Expect a completely different gameplay experience with great control and a much improved foundation that makes for a better experience lending itself to a much better flow when you池e playing the game. " so it could be understood that they did more than making things smoother.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2014, 01:23 AM   #22
Rookie

When they say they revamped something i lose more confidence. Well then again they say that every year. But 2k has been slackin lately and i want a solid second option.
Old 06-17-2014, 02:04 AM   #23
ERA
MVP

ERA's Arena

OVR: 6

I love how they are taking a community-based approach and are listening to us as consumers. I have my faith in EA.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk now Free

Chelsea FC
Old 06-17-2014, 06:26 AM   #24
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
Hope it's great. I really do. Looking forward to seeing more of it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »